• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Place to buy plants NW area Manchester

Soilwork

Anyone have any hidden gems for buying a wide range of aquatic plants in the Manchester area or further a field in the north west?

It's so limited where I am.

Also how about decent online retailers?

Thanks

I can't find anywhere around Manchester to get plants apart from the abyss in stockport. All the LFS sell basic stuff. Pets at home do some tropica plants but vary per store, the bury store had some nice growing tropica but others are terrible. They get stock in on a Thursday I've been told.

Im in need to buy plants for my new setup and may just order from https://www.aquasabi.com. Aquarium Gardens don't seem to do much 1-2 grow carpets

I can't find anywhere around Manchester to get plants apart from the abyss in stockport. All the LFS sell basic stuff. Pets at home do some tropica plants but vary per store, the bury store had some nice growing tropica but others are terrible. They get stock in on a Thursday I've been told.

Im in need to buy plants for my new setup and may just order from https://www.aquasabi.com. Aquarium Gardens don't seem to do much 1-2 grow carpets

Yeah my local pets at home is one of the better ones admittedly but still lacks the likes of limnophilia atomatica, blyxa and some others I wish to try.

The abyss does sound tempting. I might head in that direction at weekend as its only 10mins on the motorway.

I have bought around 15 to 20 plants from "Aqua Essentials" fast delivery (next day if ordered before 3pm) even though it costs around £3.99 so when I order I order a few to make it worth while, plant condition is great and their selection is pretty good they have a option to receive emails when plants are in stock I have used this for a few plants and it seems reliable
Hope this helps!

Yeah my local pets at home is one of the better ones admittedly but still lacks the likes of limnophilia atomatica, blyxa and some others I wish to try.

The abyss does sound tempting. I might head in that direction at weekend as its only 10mins on the motorway.

If you've not been i would recommend it. Nothing better to see elsewhere around us. Problem is if you need a plant they don't have you will have to order anyway, they are updating the website apparently so hopefully it will state what plant species they have in stock.

Thanks everyone. I've just removed my soil substrate so plants on hold for now. Will keep it in mind.

in South Manchester.
World of Water Timperley have plenty of Plants as do Timperly Aquatics and Oasis (Central Manchester)
Abyss in Stockport carry plants also.
ring to check for latest deliveries to be sure.
Pets at home all seem to carry Tropica now.
Apologies if I have missed any others.

I buy online from eBay or from sponsors here.
beware of buying from individuals as you never know what else you get..... Like Shrimp (Joke)
But Snails & chickweed can be a problem from private individuals.

Back