• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Semi Planted Wild Discus Tank Full HD Video with soundtrack

Wish I never looked now. I'm actually going to the lfs tomorrow... resistance is futile :D
Very nice fish and very nice tank. Don't mind the blue light either, I had a moon light tube on my tank. The solid blue cobalt just popped under it. Spent ssoooo many hours just staring at mine, the moonlight tube meant I could look at them longer. :D

AverageWhiteBloke

There are some other photos of these fish in the old journal on page 34.

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads...uilding-last-photos.33594/page-30#post-464039

Cheers,

Steve

I spent last night reading it :) after I came across this thread. And these wilds now are simply gorgeous :rolleyes: All the best with them. They are in good hands.

Strangely enough they seem to take comfort from the pots, and it is as if they are using them as 'landmarks', as coincidentally, the way the pots are situated they swim around them in a sort of 'S' bend from one side of the tank to the other.

I noticed exactly the same with my fish, now that I have my plants in pots as well and a thin layer of sand only. The fish are loving it and the pots are somehow making them feel more comfortable....

Looking forward to the journal development. For once...there's fish involved in a journal here :lol: Thanks :)

Hi sciencefiction, glad to hear things are working out with your tank and the fish and your potted plants:):)

It feels a bit like I am cheating a bit, sort of "having my cake and eating it" But the Discus are taking priority at the moment. It does seem strange though, not adding any ferts, no Co2 being pumped in, lower level lighting, just good food and regular water changes.

I bought a new HMA filter from Mark Evenden at Devotedly Discus, then followed the guide to plumb it in to the hot and cold water supply using a Yorkshire Pegler TMV Valve which mixes the water to the right temperature.

I have drilled two holes under the tank, one leads to a drain outside via a 3/8 tube, the other to the HMA unit. I turn two taps above the tank, one drains water out and the other lets water in to top up from the HMA filter.

No more buckets, no more hose pipes running through the dining room to the kitchen and outside, and no need to fiddle with the thermostat on the combi boiler. Keeps her indoors well happy, so I'm chuffed as well!

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Ryan,

I don't know where you live but you are welcome to come and see them for yourself if you like. The same invitation goes for anyone from UKAPS, if you are passing by North Wales, not far from Chester, you are welcome to call in for a tea or coffee and a good natter about our hobby, in particular discus fish.

Cheers,

Steve
Hi
Im base in milton keynes and if im ever around your area i definitely take that opportunity. Thanks

Well following a visit by a guy from the BIDKA Forumthere has been a development. The visit by Streety went rather well. He really set the cat among the pigeons with my thinking for my Wild Discus tank. So out came the plants in storage jars and in went the wood he brought me.

A few river pebbles going in tomorrow along with a few other biotope bits.

Here are a few photos while the tank is still being topped up with RO water.

Enjoy!

image_zpsqsuoef5v.jpe

Cheers Zozo, looks impressive, I love the open top tanks with emerged growing, one of my favourites, always looks more natural. I'd just be wary of the Discus jumping out of the tank! When they get spooked sometimes it's only the glass lids stopping them from getting carpet rash.

Steve

Awsome!! These fish keep intriguing me... Unfortunately i can't at the time and near future,, But maybe one day i will.. :)

Than i think it will be something like this.. :)
16003192_1227974037298913_5914900146323662883_n.jpg

Does anyone the name of those plants that are growing out of the aquarium - are they amazon swords or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back