• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jebao CP-40

Hi all,
I am running a tank with a footprint of 135 x 40 (~180L) on a 2000lph filter, using a long 120 diy spray bar at the back of the tank.

I feel its about time for a rescape and hope that I learned a thing or two as to seak a better flow in this tank.

I came across Jebao cp-40 (or maybe the cp-25 version) a cheaper version of the gyre maxspect cross flow pump. This will help ditch the spraybar for a cleaner look as it can be installed as the side of the tank. Also, I will be able to use some fancier lily pipes. :cool:

So what do you think? is it an overkill? is it bound to give a better circulation than the spraybar?

Opinions welcome.

Hi,

ended up with cp25 instead.
it provides too much flow even at minimum speed. needs to be cleaned / assembled carefully otherwise it gets noisy and gets stuck, but the cleaning/assembling is not too much of a problem.

I ended up to stop using it since stem plants seem to suffer under that much flow.
I also have hardscape breaking the surface so flow was disturbed regardless of its power. If hardscape was lower in the tank, it would have worked much better.

I am replacing it with a mechanical surface skimmer to be placed oposite of filter intake, although by the time it arrives I will no longer have any film on the surface...

Thanks!

it will depend on the hardscape arrangement I guess.
If hardscape is directly in the direction of flow, then a lot of that flow is disturbed.
A smaller powerhead gives more flexibility than the bulkier gyre for more targeted flow.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

any video of it in a planted tank ? didnt see any .
Hi, mostly you get videos for reef tanks. I can set up my cp25 and shoot a video, although as said above the hardscape seriously interfers with the flow in my setup. Also stem plants seem to not like it even at lowest setting.
That's why I suppose smaller powerheads carefully placed will be better - if of course any are necessary...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

that powerful ? hoping to see a video of how the plants sway , found one fresh water but only the noise it made , lol sound like someone is whistling

mine isn't planted as yet so cant help you there. I'm not a fan of them, you can't dial them down enough and the noise is inconsistent; sometimes it is almost silent then another time it starts to almost rattle. Lesson learnt buy a gyre!

I've been running a similar 35w Maxpect Gyre very successfully in my 1200x60x60 tank. it can get noisy from trapped debris but otherwise I rate it highly. To begin with I had it on the lowest setting but now that everything is grown in I have it on full with no problems. The Maxpect prices seem to have dropped lately as well at around £140 ish which aint cheap but still it does seem very well built and I've had zero issues in a years use.

Yes I did some searching and it seems you are correct and Maxpect have modified the system so that you can have one controller running multiple pumps which certainly makes sense for large marine setups and actually reduces costs for these systems. I don't imagine planted or freshwater tanks figure as a target market for them.

From this thread it does sound like the Maxpect is a better product but then that is reflected in the price.

Back