• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sedona - 20L (Liza's Tank - Update)

Re: Liza's 20L Nano Tank

I was thinking that...flask...non sealed container....you terrorist you. lol

AC

Well I know you guys are looking for some good smuggling stories here :), but I'll have to disappoint you:
I simply checked them in, in my big bag (with a "handle with care" sign on it, hoping the guys will not play ball with the luggage - as they usually do).

Or leave them behind like an airline did to me last year. Had to wait for over a day to see my bags!!!! Risky business

AC

Well, this was WizzAir (discount airline), flying from a remote terminal in a small village some 100 km-s from Stockholm, that has almost no traffic and I could actually see the luggage being lifted into the plane just a couple of meters from where I checked it in (no other flights leaving or checking in). I have been back and forth to Stockholm many times, and I know there's virtually no way to loose a luggage under these conditions.

But I agree with you, I would't do it on a regular flight. Too much risk.

I wonder if this tank is really featured under the "your tanks" section of the printed december PFK issue. If any of you guys happen to have a copy you do not need (and it is indeed in there), I would be enormously grateful if you could send it to Hungary. I am ready to pay double or triple price plus postage via bank transfer or western union. Money is not an issue here. :D

keymaker said:
I wonder if this tank is really featured under the "your tanks" section of the printed december PFK issue. If any of you guys happen to have a copy you do not need (and it is indeed in there), I would be enormously grateful if you could send it to Hungary. I am ready to pay double or triple price plus postage via bank transfer or western union. Money is not an issue here. :D

Why would it be in December if you uploaded it in January?

aaronnorth said:

You're right, a friend of mine ordered it from Feb., the issue he showed me did not have it, I thought I was looking at the January issue...

It's the Jan. issue then... The one I'm looking for. Thx. :)

keymaker said:
aaronnorth said:

You're right, a friend of mine ordered it from Feb., the issue he showed me did not have it, I thought I was looking at the January issue...

It's the Jan. issue then... The one I'm looking for. Thx. :)

Just had a look in Jan, Feb & March but i didnt see it - sorry.

I remeber seeing it in the newsletter

Pretty much what I do (at least in the journals section), but I just remembered from when the thread was started :lol:

Liza, well... It's her tank, after all, I just keep an eye on it for her... :lol:

I guess I just have to live without the printed issue then. Thanks for looking it up Aaron.

keymaker said:
I guess I just have to live without the printed issue then. Thanks for looking it up Aaron.
Its in this months Issue ;)

LondonDragon said:
keymaker said:
Its in this months Issue ;)

Oh, great news! Thanks for the info Mate.
John has already offered to send it to me - you guys at UKAPS really rock!

More than a year after it's launch Liza's famous ( :) ) old tank is going bye-bye. I managed to keep it pretty much algae-free for the past year except for some diatoms on the rock - due to the inadequate lighting spectrum of the 11W Tetra compact and 6W T5. I consider this to be a great thing, considering that keeping the balance in a Nano is always a challenge.

Good CO2 (and distribution), EI-based ferts and regular 80-90% water changes did the thing. What I'll do now is keep all the equipment but change the substrate, tank and lighting to ADA. The Seiryu rocks will be replaced with Hanko stones.

Please let me know what you think of the three setups (the black gravel is only in for the hardscape arrangament):

74286520.jpg

36525492.jpg

39382559.jpg

Back