• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy standard glass tank?

nbaker

Hi,

I am after a standard rimless glass aquarium 24" x 12" x 15" (LxDxH) but I am having trouble finding anywhere that sell just a plain old tank.

I have 2 stores near me and all they sell are starter kits or designer type tanks.

I seem to recall a few web sites of custom tank makers with online quote systems but cannot find these now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

Nige.

I had similar issues when I was looking for just a bare tank. If you're set on a rimless tank your best bet would be a custom tank from one of these suppliers, ND Aquatics seems to be the most popular. I recently ordered the tanks I was after from DC Aquariums, service was excellent but I haven't got the tanks yet so I can't comment on build quality.

If you aren't set on a rimless tank you could look at Clearseal standard aquariums, they have a stockist finder on their website and also do custom tanks. Other options are Junglepets who also make standard aquariums, or Waterhome aquariums on Amazon if you are flexible with the size you want.

These are just suggestions from what I found when I was looking for something similar, I don't have any first hand experience with any of these tanks or suppliers.

From what I have seen online, ND aquatics seem to be a popular name with custom size tanks.
Used them for my custom tank, would recommend them

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

AC Aquatics is another company you can try they built loads of tanks for me a few years back and do rimless/braceless tanks to order, not sure if i'm allowed to put there phone on here but if you want you can PM me

Many thanks for the replies people :)

I think the likes of NDAquatics will be too pricey for what I want, this tank will only be used as a shrimp breeder so doesn't need to be too fancy.

Something like the Clearseal would be fine but nowhere local to me stock them.

I have come across the Hugo Kamishi Simplicity which appears good value.

I would still suggest ringing ND you may be supprised, if not then your budget is going to be best used waiting for a second hand one or a self build

I would still suggest ringing ND you may be supprised, if not then your budget is going to be best used waiting for a second hand one or a self build
Thanks, I have emailed them its likely to be the delivery charge where the sting is.

I have looked at the DO!Aqua at TGM which comes in at just under £100 inc. delivery, but still at lot more than I really wanted to pay but may end up having to.

I'm not in a desperate hurry but a bit disappointed I cannot find any of the custom builders with online quote pages they were really handy.

Back