• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED Dimmer solution - BUT

ok the key point is the power supply will work harder instead to dim ? does this applied to other brands led units that already has built in dimmable and programmable ?

Any follow up on the longevity of this approach?

I got the dimmer. I've been running it on half power for about 6 weeks. No issues really and I've been able to keep on top of Algae. I was in The Green Machine a couple of weeks ago talking to them about how they keep on top of the light. They were telling me that they have to run their drop checkers lime green all the time to keep up with the light the Aquasky Moon puts out. Pretty strong stuff.

I got the dimmer. I've been running it on half power for about 6 weeks. No issues really and I've been able to keep on top of Algae. I was in The Green Machine a couple of weeks ago talking to them about how they keep on top of the light. They were telling me that they have to run their drop checkers lime green all the time to keep up with the light the Aquasky Moon puts out. Pretty strong stuff.
I think I'll be getting that dimmer too then! At full strength I think it might be a bit too much for a beginner- which I most definitely am

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hello - Sorry to jump in on the thread, long time lurker, first time poster! Does anyone have a link of where I can purchase one of these dimmers, as I've searched the Web and can't seem to find a supplier!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hello - Sorry to jump in on the thread, long time lurker, first time poster! Does anyone have a link of where I can purchase one of these dimmers, as I've searched the Web and can't seem to find a supplier!

They come from www.lite-house.co.uk

I spoke to the owner yesterday and have emailed the light specs for him to take a look at and advise the best dimmer switch for the job. I will post here when I hear back if that helps?

That would be great. I've emailed lite house in the past about these dimmers, but never got a response. Hope you have better luck - fingers crossed.

I had response from Lite House and they can't officially recommend their dimmer but they said people were using it on the Aquasky and referred me to this thread! So I will have a think...

Plants, can I ask what adaptor you are using with your lights? Just a normal one or the step down transformer kind?

Thanks

Any further updates? I'm thinking of a twinstar when I get a smaller setup and they're having issues getting the dimmers out for the new light due to connector sizes.

Any further updates? I'm thinking of a twinstar when I get a smaller setup and they're having issues getting the dimmers out for the new light due to connector sizes.
Hi Andrew, I never did get the dimmer, I just put some insulation tape over a third of the lights - not stylish, but cheaper than a dimmer switch!

Back