• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval G6

Dantrasy

Hi everyone

I just picked up a Fluval G6 secondhand for what I think was a good price. It will be used on my 4ft that's due to arrive in Dec/Jan.

It looks a bit complicated. I've watched a few You Tube videos about the filter, but I'm not sure of the reviewers motives (if you know what I mean).

Does anyone use this filter? Or the G3? Any tips/advice regarding its operation would be appreciated. For example one of the cartridges contains carbon - is this replaced? If so, what have you replaced it with? And the other cartridge is a fine micron pre-filter, I feel that should be replaced too. Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, I have used the G6 and G3 since they were released.

The chemical cartridge has a removable lid. Pop this off and fill with chemical media of your choice. I buy carbon in bulk (much cheaper) and replace every 4 weeks or so. It's not essential but I like crystal clear water. You can fill with Purigen too.

The pre-filter can be washed under the tap and there's no need to replace. You should have a special brush supplied with the filter to do this.

Cheers,
George

Thanks George for the info

...and for the vote of confidence in this non-typical range of filters. It didn't come with a brush, but I'll work something out come cleaning time.

I have no tank for it atm, so I'll give it a test run in the bath tub this weekend.

Hi,

Yes, I have used the G6 and G3 since they were released.

The chemical cartridge has a removable lid. Pop this off and fill with chemical media of your choice. I buy carbon in bulk (much cheaper)
Do you just pop the lid off and pour it in or force it in with a "bag"
Thanks josh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back