• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2/easy Carbo question

andyh

I am running a 35l nano with Tetra Co2 optimat and dosing with Easy carbo. I have used the Co2 on its own for over a year now with fairly good success. (yes i know its not as accurate as a proper system but for my budget 35l its does the job.)

I recently started dosing EasyCarbo as well as the CO2 and have seen some further plant growth which is great, however i have noticed a couple of the fish with breathing problems, and even lost one.

All my water conditions are bang on and the tank is mature. I have a JBL permanent Co2 test.
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... ucts_id=77 (see top right of pic below)
However i think that this is effected by the EasyCarbo and does not give true readings. Any comments on your experiences welcomed, are they still accurate when using EasyCarbo. It is reading high at the moment, but not convinced.

My question is i am over doing it with the C02/EasyCarbo i am putting too much in? (easy carbo 2ml per day)

I am confused help. As a short term fix i have turned off the Co2 and completed a 25% water change.

Help!

Pic of tank, things look healthy:

web.jpg

Yes your overdosing by about 3 times

label reads

Tanks with fair amount of plants - 1ml per 50 litres

so for 35L you need less than 1ml of easy carbo each day

milla said:
Yes your overdosing by about 3 times

label reads

Tanks with fair amount of plants - 1ml per 50 litres

so for 35L you need less than 1ml of easy carbo each day

I was advised by LFS shop that due to the number of plants that i may require more than the standard dose.

I Will start dosing 1ml per day, should this be done in conjunction with co2?

andyh said:
Well, adding CO2 will just boost growth. As you are already dosing EasyCarbo why not just skip the CO2 all together? Growth will be a bit slower but that just makes it easier to maintain. Until one reaches Amano aquascape levels I recommend sticking to the KISS principle.
Tank's looking great, btw.

YzemaN said:
andyh said:
Well, adding CO2 will just boost growth. As you are already dosing EasyCarbo why not just skip the CO2 all together? Growth will be a bit slower but that just makes it easier to maintain. Until one reaches Amano aquascape levels I recommend sticking to the KISS principle.
Tank's looking great, btw.

Please define KISS principle, i am intrigued!

Thanks for the comment about the tank!

Oh, and some grassy type plants don't really like EC as well. It looks like you have vallis and S. subulata in there. Mine survived for six months but didn't put out a single runner so in the end I took it out. Most other plants seem to do well, though.

Superman said:
As LondonDragon has said, Easy Carbo/Excel do not mix well with shrimp - spesh CRS.

Whats the issue with CRS and easycarbo?

Back