• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's ADA 45P - new design

Great to hear! Nerites from my experience suffer in CO2 settings... if you find them trying to escape the tank you'll know why now haha (tough lesson for me).

Reactions: Tom
IMG_0169.jpg
Have a look at this picture - the stems on the right are doing quite well, but the stems on the left are looking the same as before. Why would this be? Both seem to be getting adequate flow and CO2.

New leaves on the left are small and twisted. The hairgrass is also not doing well. On the right, most is growing well. If anything, the plants on the right get a little less flow - but nowhere has particularly strong currents.

Last edited:
Hi,

Check your CO2 level, that looks like CO2 deficiency.

If CO2 level is ok, it can be Iron, calcium (trace ) or nitrogen deficiency...are you dosing anything yet?

Reactions: Tom
Great to hear! Nerites from my experience suffer in CO2 settings... if you find them trying to escape the tank you'll know why now haha (tough lesson for me).
Hello !
I do have nerites in a CO2 tank and they are not trying to escape ; I think it's about how much CO2 is injected in the tank ; in my case at about 25 mg /l they stay in the tank and the plants are growing

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks CooKieS. I was wondering the same, especially after the advice I was given the previous time around. I've just switched to a spray bar and added the little eheim pump again to try to rule out circulation issues before increasing the CO2. I'm still seeing no CO2 related algae, but who knows? Algae eaters might be working hard.

I'm also tempted to double the dosing from tomorrow, and watch what happens. I've been dosing CO2 supermarket EI (KNO3, KPO4, chelates trace) to their recommended levels.

Hello !
I do have nerites in a CO2 tank and they are not trying to escape ; I think it's about how much CO2 is injected in the tank ; in my case at about 25 mg /l they stay in the tank and the plants are growing
I agree!
I find Nerite snails to be an awesome high CO2 alert system! Whenever CO2 becomes too high, they stay a bit above water level until CO2 drops to normal levels

Surprise, surprise, the same thing happened again. Mostly growing well until all of a sudden, almost complete die-off of the stems. I've tried experimenting with various different fertilisers etc., and so I'm wondering if it's the water supply.

This week I found a site in the hills near here where locals collect drinking water - they say it's the best around, and completely natural. There are taps that bring water up from underground. On the surface there is a small, natural koi pond and several streams of crystal clear water. I got a container went to collect some of this water on Monday, doing a very large water change. I did another today, trimmed the stems to the substrate and hacked the moss right back. Will keep an eye on it, but the moss already seems to have coloured up.

Back