• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle

StevenA

I will shortly be setting up a new 260 litre aquarium, and can't decide what substrate to use. To be honest i've only ever used normal gravel, but i want to promote the plant growth in as many ways as possible so thought about using possibly Tetraplant Complete substrate, and adding 1-3mm sized gravel on top of it, or possibly using Dennerle DeponitMix Professional Substrate. Does anyone know anything about this product. I don't think you need anything on top of this one, but i'm not sure. Any help will be gratefully received. :D

So do you need top have gravel or sand on top of the Deponitmix then?

I'm a bit of a newbie where substrates are concerned, having only ever used gravel, but is'nt ADA Aquasoil rather expensive?

So you put gravel over the top of the ADA Aquasoil then?

That tank when you had the Dennerle mix in it did look good though, the plants looked very healthy :)

No no, the aquasoil is a complete substrate in itself. You do need any gravel or sand on top of it.

Yes, the plants where healthy but the smell wasn't. :rolleyes:

Back