• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cherry mix in 5l Collar Pico-Set

Thanks I've always used fishing line in the past but find it a little fiddly, so was going to go with super glue this time and see if it is easier for me.

Bucephalandra kualakuayan-1. It's stays small but bushy and grows quite fast. I've already trimmed the main bush at 7am twice or three times.

Bucephalandra kualakuayan-1. It's stays small but bushy and grows quite fast. I've already trimmed the main bush at 7am twice or three times.

Nice!

Does anyone know if these are sold by any of the forum sponsors? Failing that, I've seen them on pro shrimp

The end.

During summer our office was attacked by some nasty bugs. The office has been treated with some insecticide. Twice. As a result - most of my shrimps has died. Also I've tried to cover it with cling film. I managed to rescue some mature shrimps and took them to my home tank. Unfortunately I lost all newly purchased yellow shrimps.

I decided to go bigger and my friend Stanislav has given me old 20L cube tank. It fits perfectly to the corner of desktop. Also my team mates asked me about keeping a fish this time. And... What's better than a betta? ;)

So after setting up new tank my previous smallish cube looks like below, I've used some plants to decorate new tank:

29618432633_fb64d42c77_n.jpg5L - the end by Alexander, on Flickr

Overall I'm happy with light and other equipment and how plants has been growing all that time I run it. I'm just not happy with the volume of that tank - it's too small even for shrimps colony IMO. I think it should be OK for wabi kusa though.

My new tank (about 1 week after planting)

30248071055_712a28b0da_z.jpg20L - beginning by Alexander, on Flickr

Perfect size for betta! He will be the king of this kingdom.

Maybe give him some cherry shrimp to have fun with. ;)

That logo is fairly bold isn't it?

Perfect size for betta! He will be the king of this kingdom.

Maybe give him some cherry shrimp to have fun with. ;)

That logo is fairly bold isn't it?
Yeah, exactly my thoughts: betta needs some room to flare, and I can put there some low grades cherrys.
I've tried to remove logo, but it's glued too good.

I've tried blade, but it did not work for me. Or maybe I fear to broke the glass with too much force.

I removed both of mine with the Stanley, if you take the blade out of the knife handle and use it flat against the glass it works perfectly :)

So the 5l is out of commission? Shame, I'll buy it off you ;)

Haha, nice try, but I guess it should be available at stores closer to you than where I am.

Update: our office was moved (finally) 3 months ago, and I've stripped down that tank as well. The most inclredible thing as result of the office move is: I was dreaming about big tank (for my home) and guess what we found in a new office? Right, really big tank (approx 360 liters), already running with fish, was left to us by previous people. Unfortunately, then tank was very very neglected, so till now I've been trying to get it back to normal track. Still working on it, so no photos to share yet.

Back