• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60F -go with the flow- nature aquarium

How are you finding the Sparkling Gouramis? How many do you have? I got 3 a week ago and they are very naughty ...chasing the Celestial Danios and I haven't seen many Cherry shrimp since I added them...

Very interesting to watch though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

How are you finding the Sparkling Gouramis? How many do you have? I got 3 a week ago and they are very naughty ...chasing the Celestial Danios and I haven't seen many Cherry shrimp since I added them...

Very interesting to watch though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

They were 3, two of them were very agressiv and unfortunately one jumped out of the tank (maybe two males?)

Now that they're only two(male/female), no problem.

They are very peaceful with ember tetra and amano shrimps too...they are just eating some small snails...I hope they'll stay calm. As DW1305 said, they love to eat small coloured shrimps like red cherry.

Thanks!

My riccardia is getting Brown, is it burned by ferts?

I've upped NPK daily dosing to avoid staghorn and since that my riccardia is getting Brown...I'm not using liquid carbon since 3 weeks.

Here's a pic:(it's getting worse)

170218104715661329.jpg

Thanks, cheers

Hi all,That looks like fertiliser burn, do you dose dry salts?

cheers Darrel

Hi Darrel, I dose aquarebell liquid fertiliser this way;

3ml aquarebell estimative index / day
0,5 ml aquarebell eisen / day
50% waterchange with tap water per week.

Since this problem I'm now trying this;

2ml aquarebell estimative index/ day.
4ml aquarebell eisen after weekly waterchange.

Hope I'll found balance between good growth and not burning mini pellia! Any advice is welcome.

Looks great! How is the plant growth with the new lights?

Thank you, It's growing fine, some green hair algae because lightning intensity is very high for this shallow tank, I now use the dimmer. RGB colors rendition is awesome!

Here's an quick video from this evening ...feeding time ;)

Cheers,
Thierry

Last edited:
Really nice tank buddy :) can you share some more videos with the light? I have also ember tetras and thinking to buy this rgb just to make them pop out in the tank. Thx and good luck with the tank.

Odoslané z môjho iPad cez Tapatalk

Really nice tank buddy :) can you share some more videos with the light? I have also ember tetras and thinking to buy this rgb just to make them pop out in the tank. Thx and good luck with the tank.

Thanks, sure, here is another video from today, enjoy;

RGB led really enhance plants and fishes Colors. :)

Thank you :) really nice. Are your ember tetras also crazy shy?

Thank you :) really nice. Are your ember tetras also crazy shy?

You're welcome.

Yes they're shy, but give them some places to hide and a lot of friends (even other small species dither fish, like boraras, danios or kubotai), and they'll become braver and braver. ;)

Thanks guys!

Maintenance Time:

170318112451926636.jpg

170318112455720556.jpg

170318112454166688.jpg

I'm getting some hair/thread algae on my mosses, what is best, dimm the light? Or raise it up?

I've already increased my CO2 ;)

Thanks!
Cheers
Thierry

Back