• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline heater for 30L cube aquarium?

Ryan Young

Hi everyone,
I am re doing my 30L cube as it has began to look very messy and have new ideas to fix it.
I am going to be reverting back to my Eheim Classic 250 which has 12/16mm tubing. Due to the tank being a 30cm cube, a heater looks really in the way. Is there an inline heater that would work for a tank of this size and tubing this size?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan, there are Hydor and sunsun inline heaters, but all are maybe a bit overpowered for 30 litre tank. I believe 200 watt is the least from Hydor.. But than it will heat rather fast..

While ago i made a few myself from DC 12 volt 80 watt and 120 watt immersible heater cartridges for smaller tanks.. Works like a charm, but isn't realy cheaper.. I did it because i feel more safer myself rather playing with DC 12 v than AC 220 v..

Maybe this is an idea for you.. Never tried it yet, but i do not see any issues if you find a proper fitting uniseal. :)

Thanks, will check that out now. Might be a bit of fun to build one. :)

Could a heat mat be enough, depending on ambient?

Back