• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Question about filtration for 330lt

Skiper

Seedling
Hello folks,

I'm planning a new tank 130x50x55, 330lt, heavily planted and I am thinking of what the best filtration should be. I am thinking of either 2 x JBL 1500e greenline with 1 inline hydor 300w and 2 x inline diffusers, bubble counters with a 2 spliter from a single 5kg co2 bottle, or 1 JBL 1500e with inline heater and diffuser/counter with no sponges/siporax-like materials and 1 bigger filter like JBL 1900e or fluval FX6 for full filtering.

Any thoughts/ideas?

If you use a splitter on the co2 line you will need a needle valve on each line to ensure even co2 supply, gas will take the path of least resistance, 2x1500e will possibly fall a bit short flow wise though the bigger filters are a p.i.t.a to fit inline heaters, diffusers etc due to the larger pipe size.

If using 2 JBL e1500's then split your filtration and CO2 like this. Uses 16/22mm pipe so no issues fitting diffusers and heaters etc.

upload_2017-3-7_12-27-42.png

Reactions: tim
This was exactly what I had in mind. I remember seeing your post with this diagram some time ago and couldn't find it out, so thanks much. Thinking that flow could be lessened by all these co2 and heating equipment for the 2 x JBL 1500 filters, thats why I came of another possible plan using one of them stripped of any material, do all co2 and heating job and then use a bigger one like the 1900 or the fx6 for filtering purpose only.Tank is new and I haven't bought any equipment so far, so have to decide which of the ideas will be best before start spending. Decisions, decisions...

Yes I know their pipes are 19/25mm that's why I was thinking that if I follow this path gonna have either of these 2 filters for pure filtration and have the 2nd one, the smaller with the co2 and heater attack on them since they re 16/22mm.

Been using two inline CO2 diffusers one on high BBS which pH controller switch's off then other on low BBS maintains at nice [CO2]. Will be able to control both better when I have my PLC setup done. Yes have two solenoid values too.
As Ian said the FX6 has been a pain piping wise but good flow. The Holds quite a bit off media too. Have an independent line too eheim 3000+. Like a river when both on

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

Back