• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tamed jungle, 120p Takashi Amano inspired tribute.

Thank you all guys!!

The past two weeks were just ick treatment with heat at 30c and metronidazole in the fish food. Today I finally see all my fish ick free, most of them were ick free in 8-10 days but cardinals took a little longer.

This weeks I had some cryp melting as expected, not big deal. My SAE jumped out from the tank, that's a shame because it was over two years old but... now I can add moss because he eat all my weeping moss. I relly like weeping but maybe I'll give Christmas a try.

Now the plan is to keep the temperature high for two or tree more days, and then put bolbitis back in the tank.

Here a quick iPhone pic of my healthy fish!
b6ad7c8ad2ffeb370bc4e05af83b60fe.jpg

Cheers RH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for an update:
The tank is now one month old, I added Christmas moss to some branches and more anubias petite in the lower parts of the scape.

It's a really slow growing tank but I'm enjoying the way fish behave in this new aquascape with open swimming space and a densely planted area.

Loving the contrast of different textures and shades of green provided by the different shade plants and the pop of color from the fish against the green canvas.

Here a nice iphone picture I took today!!

25cfcf9cb6b43ede4e08a97be25f24e3.jpg

I made this small video for you guys, hope you like it!!

Cheers RH.

Thank you for your kind words guys !!!

Wow, great tank! You clearly have a talent for plant and hardscape layout and I like the wood slab table top you have as the stand.
Yeah !! It's a very thick and heavy raw wood slab !! My place has a very industrial feel so it fits the room.

Here's another pic of the tank from another angle!!
119fef42cc086730784b3ac9c803fc76.jpg

Cheers guys !!
RH

Fantastic tanks, I actually preferred the first one at first sight... but your new one is growing on me. I think I'd have some kind of carpet type plants over the exposed substrate - but that's me.

Great inspiration, I'm starting to do my tank again.

Fantastic tanks, I actually preferred the first one at first sight... but your new one is growing on me. I think I'd have some kind of carpet type plants over the exposed substrate - but that's me.

Great inspiration, I'm starting to do my tank again.
The jungle aquascape was a lot of fun, an not hard to mantain. Unfortunately my old tank started leaking, so I changed the tank and the whole idea, inpired by Mr. Amano´s aquariums. The cosmetic sand in the front is tricky, looks very good and bright, but its harder to mantain clean than a carpet of plants.

The tank it's now over two months old. Not a lot to report, the tank looks almost the same. I'm adding seachem fluorish and potassium nitrate now. Plants, are growing fast and greens are really intense. I'm considering to add another tetra specie. Any suggestions? I was considering diamond tetras, black phantom tetras, golden tetras or emperor tetras. Just want to add another fish group.

Here some pics of the tank. I love the fish colors against the green canvas.

723ec74db1bc7ab988bad1f132edafcb.jpg
6cd075d84370fa53bda13d89000610ca.jpg

Cheers
RH

Hello guys, I ended adding a group of 12 black emperor tetras to the aquascape too weeks ago. The layout itself looks almost the same. That's the cool thing about shade plants. Not too much maintenance, like an hour each too weeks or so... so here a pic of the new fish. I need get a good camera for better pics. If I can get a nice shot maybe I can enter this year IAPLC.... maybe

873856a659e92d652b28f90de1ccd8dd.jpg
9f8d5793fb57dc930279847e36182f28.jpg

I’ve been away from the aquarium forums for the past few months, but the aquarium stills here running and evolving gracefully. Here are two pics I took a few minutes ago. Just want to share them with you.

Close up nature aquarium day 288.
123b018edb94425c01d9a0e2ae06b230.jpg

I’m loving the way shade plants evolve and show the passage of time.

Here’s how the aquarium fits in my small space.
b63d3edc20b3fd213e23abea66daadcf.jpg

Hope you like it. Cheers !
Robert.

Back