• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mixing Microsorum trident and Bolbitis heudelotti?

Ryan Young

Hi,
Really quick question, has anyone tried or know if it will work to mix these two plants?

What are your conserns about it? If you do not mind having plants together from different regions from the world. there is no problem. :)
They will grow equaly as well even if planten so close together so the rhizomes touch and grow into eachother.

Not the trident, but 2 sp. of Microsorum bunched up with a Bolbitis heudelotii on the same piece of wood..
DSCF8458.jpg

The only thing I was worried about with doing this, is that I know with tropical land plants that if you try and mix some of them the more dominant plant will choke out the other.

Thanks for the picture. Might give it a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolbitis heudelotii definitively is in circumstances a more vigorous grower than Microsorum sp. So it kinda depends how set it all up. In case of the picture the Bolbitis is shaded by the above Bucephalandra and microsorum.. I gor another Bolibitis standing next to it not shaded at all and grows 3 times bigger if i let ti go.. :)

Posibilities are endles, but you got to plan it correctly.. :thumbup:

They grow really well together imo and complement each other really well if you want evidence of this take a look at the ada catalogue there's a fold out picture of one of takashi amano's aquariumsin which he has used exactly these plants its stunning

Back