• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My kitchen nano

I have that filter too, did you get it from Maidenhead? Cheap and cheerful for a nano :D

It is mate, does the job though I will one day get round to building a cabinet and using an external filter.
Please elaborate on the name brand of that cute filter. I couldn't find it on the Maidenhead site. I'm in the U.S. and would like to know if it's available here. Gorgeous tank by the way.

travellife

Thank you Uslanja, this tank has been a joy to look after though I will be taking it down in the next few weeks, a few quick iPhone pics,
Overgrown Monte Carlo
d1980bbe959c57f04eab4f097ce3efcc.jpg

Shrimp keep throwing soil over my nice sand foreground,
997f0581e64795619f508d29a2bf400c.jpg

Emersed plants have browned out again due to the cold weather ?
6245898b366bc65f9955555072a9c44a.jpg

Overgrown FTS,
1b88841d486910349f30a2d609d74744.jpg

Plan to gradually move the shrimp and ramshorn snails over to a new tank during the next few weeks then give this scape a clean up and try to get a half decent pic to end the thread,
Thanks for the comments and likes along the way folks :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,
You often get issues with low humidity in the winter. The problem is that even when the air is fully saturated with water (100% RH) it is cold, and the total amount of water held (absolute humidity) is small.

image2014-5-19%2010%3A38%3A41.png

When the cold damp air is in the house it warms, and then it becomes warm dry air and you get the problems with browning to leaf edges and tips.

cheers Darrel

Thanks Darrel, spot on explanation as always, replacement nano has been running for a few weeks now, seeing good signs of growth, a little gsa and diatoms creeping in,
FullSizeRender.jpg

Will start adding a few more ramshorn snails tomorrow, then a few shrimp over the next few weeks,
Cheers for looking :)

though I can't help but feel a little bereaved for the "old nano" :sorry: ... what's this new guy got anyway :confused:

:lol:

Looks like it's off to a great start
- though of course now we need the specifications LIST :p

Reactions: tim
though I can't help but feel a little bereaved for the "old nano" :sorry: ... what's this new guy got anyway :confused:

:lol:

Looks like it's off to a great start
- though of course now we need the specifications LIST :p
:lol: old nano has been moved to the living room, once the shrimp and snails have all been transferred it'll be rescaped and shiny glassware, led light and nice cabinet added to its equipment list ;),
Specs for this one clearseal 28x20x20 cm tank, flexi mini led, 150ltr per hour internal filter
Hardscape few bits of dragonstone.

You just know you're going to have to identify make & model on that internal :p

Nice little tanks.. :)

I did about the same, all tho i assume i see Hydrocotyl tripartita above your tank among others, but mainle the tripartita shows brown leaves for so far i can see.

In my case i do not have any browing of leaves and also regularly have temperatures of 13°C in the house now.. Tripartita is a pretty hardy plant for growing emersed. In your case i rather suspect the ligts are a bit to close to it...

As you can see i even got it growing (vining) rather high above the tank and it did this the last 3 weeks. :)
DSCF8249.jpg

Do you have a link for the 10w light? My son recently managed to snap my denerle light and chuck it into the tank :(
Need something to replace.

Back