• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is there an option that tap water cause algee

gilya

Using osmos water may decrease algee issues ?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Using osmos water may decrease algee issues ?

After 2 years of trying i don't know how to get rid of algee over the rocks glass sand and plants ....
062cc499dfad7d503a9c5fc5c8adc387.jpg

468cb6d9c913516d249ae29b51e71af9.jpg

f3eb1eba96aaa88a753bda3a879dc8ba.jpg

79a512e3f099983a12dce16f88c85415.jpg

Hi, tap water does not cause algae. Algae problems can occur for many reasons. Some reasons are too much light, poor ferts regime poor circulation, poor maintenance poor co2 circulation/amount/injection method etc etc., In short, there are many things that may cause algae but using tap water is not one of them.

Good morning,

If you need help, you should present your tank with the full set up and routines you do so that we can analise what may be the cause.

Go to my tank presentation and see how i present the set up and do something like that.

No one can point a solution or way to help you without more information.

Best regards

Like Fran has mentioned many factors can contribute to an algal outbreak...
Tap water is usually not one of them however.
And that's including the theory that fluctuations in CO2 during water changes can upset an aquariums equilibrium to the point it causes algal blooms too.

I do not know if the fluctuation's of CO2 at water change has much of an effect on CO2 injected tanks but.. maybe more of an affect on NON CO2 tank's.
I am not certain that Rubisco mechanism operates same eeficiency in CO2 injected tank as NON CO2.
I change 50% of the water in my tanks weekly ,but I perform the water changes while light's are off in the tanks mostly out of fear of the boogey man (algae).
Heard Clive once say that it can take some time for Rubisco mechanisim to adapt to CO2 fluctuations in tanks that are not being injected with the gas.
In any event, I am blessed with very little algae so I keep doin what works for me.

Well.. i do water change as i want or in the mood. Before, during and after photoperiod and don't have any issues on CO2.
Mainly cause i do it two or three times a week by 20 or 30 % each and never perform a 50% WC..

This way i don't mess around with the chemistry of the water not only concerning CO2 as All other parameters such as PH KH etc...and the most important that is bactéria.

Just because one person once said that performs 50% everybody runs into it... and aply This without regards.

Big hug

Enviado do meu SM-A510F através de Tapatalk

Do you bactéria to the water or you mean the filter bactérias ?
Do you use osmosis water ?

Do you bactéria to the water or you mean the filter bactérias ?
Do you use osmosis water ?

Good morning,

I mean the filter bacteria. I don´t add any kind of biological acelerators. That´s another thing i do not agree on doing, adding bacteria sources such as "Bacter 100" and others instead of letting the tank achieve it by it´s own natural way if equipment is reliable. I do believe that in an initial assembling this kind of biological acelerators may improve or help to the establishment but not when a tank is allready on the road..

And i don´t use Osmosis. I did used in the past in another tank with many diferent forms and i never conclude of any improvements in the tank.

I use in the form of 100% osmosis, and 50/50, 60/40, 70/30 (mixing tap water) achiving by this way differents KH and GH but never conclude of any reliable improvement. So i put my osmosis system in the garage and only use tap water with it´s own values of KH and GH.. but for me this parameters mean what they mean.. nothing to worried about. I loose money and time triyng to reduce my KH and GH cause i read and was advice that plants do most well in KH of 5 or 6 for notthing. At list it´s my experience.. others will say something else.

Best regards

The gentle red plants doesn't need soft water ?

Gilya..
It seems you´re not listening.. or reading.

Try read from Tropica Web Site what you have to concern about plants.

http://tropica.com/en

I believe it will be a starting point to you

Best regards

I guess using RO water could reduce chances of algal spores entering the tank via that route but then again spores are everywhere so I cant say how muc actual difference it would make. I usually change my water before the CO2 comes on.

Back