• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

45 centimeter nano tank

My friend wanted a small tank, but she only had 45 cm space, well a nano would fit there. First I went to my LFS to start the hard scape there and bring everything to her place, this way I wouldn't buy to much or to little.
1 kl.jpg
2 kl.jpg
3 kl.jpg

Draw around the stones to make it easier to find the right spot back for them.

4 kl.jpg

I filled the gaps with filter floss and black sponge to keep the substrate from mixing with each other.

5 kl.jpg
Of course I couldn't find the same position for the wood as before, but it worked out anyway.
The wood has been glued and tight to the stones to keep to from moving or floating.

6 kl.jpg

Time for the substrate (which was provided by a new company in China called Wanjia).

7 kl.jpg

I kept the planting simple.

8 kl.jpg

Directly after filling the tank with water.
9 kl.jpg

I need to take some new pictures at night in the hope that I don't have so much reflection.

I forgot to put up the tank's specs, as far as I know them here they are;

tank: 45 x 30 x 28 (37 liter)
filter: unknown brand with a turnover of 460 liter per hour (probably less)
filter kl.jpg

Light: 40 Watt LED, 7000 Kelvin
light kl.jpg

CO2: pressurized bottle with diffuser in the tank.
For substrate I used Wanjia aqua soil and sand from Dr. Tank
soil kl.jpg

Water is normal tap water which is very soft here (TDS of 30-60, pH 7)

The first 2 week I don't fertilize, because the soil will leach enough in the water and to prevent algae from taking the upper hand, I hope this works. After 2 weeks I will use Dr. Tank ferts.

Attachments

• mmexport1487560005670.jpg
    mmexport1487560005670.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 123
Nice work!

'filled the gaps with filter floss and black sponge to keep the substrate from mixing with each other' - That's a great tip! Something to keep in mind the next time I do an aquascape.

Don't you just love the Chinese. Chihiros ripped off the ADA Aquasky and now someone has ripped both of them off. :D

How much did the light cost by the way?

Th
Coming along nicely are you still in GZ?
Thanks, now the tank has a massive Diatom outbreak. Nothing some cleaning, water changes and Amano shrimp can't handle. The Nitrites are now at 0, thus tomorrow a few Amano shrimp will be introduced, they will love it.

I'm not in GZ, i'm in Shenzhen.

Only 250 RMB (that is about 30 Euro). The lights come without dimmer though, but if needed, I can get them here for 2-3 Euro.

Whoever it is is definitely undercutting the other two manufacturers then. :lol:

Wonder whether it's like the Chihiros which is said to run at around 3/4 - 4/5 power when used without a dimmer.

Anyway, judging from your photos, they do look like they're bright enough for HC and other light demanding spoilt brats.

Th

Thanks, now the tank has a massive Diatom outbreak. Nothing some cleaning, water changes and Amano shrimp can't handle. The Nitrites are now at 0, thus tomorrow a few Amano shrimp will be introduced, they will love it.

I'm not in GZ, i'm in Shenzhen.
My bad. Yes. we didnt get the chance to meet. Likely to be heading over next April so will be going Zhongshan via SZ route this time. Amanos will love cleaning it in quick time!

Last Saturday I dumped 15 Amano shrimp and 3 Otos into the tank, yesterday (Tuesday) it is spotless. Also turned of the lights for 3 days.
The lights are now at 60%, lets see how the algae like that, the shrimp will be reduced to only 4 or 5 Amanos but replace the other 10 with Cherry shrimp.
Fish will be added today, I'm thinking of fire Tetra, but I often end up with some others :D

Just to show how effective Amano shrimp, Otos and SAE can be.....
U kl1.jpg

This photo is taken when the shrimp and fish are just a few hours in the tank.

U kl2.jpg

This is after 2 days.... Time for some trimming.

U kl3.jpg

Trimmed and replanted some trimming back.

U kl4.jpg

Amber tetras added, some of the Amanos removed, the only problem now is how to get those SAE out. It's either that I can't see them or they are just to fast.

Back