• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2art Premium Complete Aquarium CO2 System questions.

Robbie X

Hi all, am considering using this Co2Art system https://www.co2art.co.uk/collection...plete-aquarium-co2-system-for-tank-up-to-500l
There is a choice of either an "Original UP new inline atomizer" or "Precision CO2 Atomizer 60mm Bazooka Diffuser for Aquarium up to 200L".
Can anyone explain to me the benefits and drawbacks of inline and non-inline Atomizer?
Also, I have read that you should turn off the Co2 system at night. What extra equipment will I need to add to this system to achieve that?

Hi robbie. The inline diffuser is obviously out of the tank so not seem it can get better dissolve rate on the inflow and doesn't produce the fiizy pop look in the tank. The down side is I've heard it needs cleaning quite regular. I just purchased a used one from a guy on here and yet to test myself. I've heard quite a lot about the bazooka being good but obviously doesn't get the same dissolve rate and creates bubbles. All that's needed to turn on and off at specific times is a timer switch. Easy. Hope that helps. Some others will likely aid you further

Hi
All you would need is a timer to engage the open and closed position of the solenoid.....which is attached to the Co2 Regulator!
The UP atomiser should be connected to the out flow side of the filter tubing...the UP atomiser produces tiny Micro bubbles which some users dislike!
These didnt bother me!
The Bazooka gives you the choice of a internal atomiser!
It doesn't have disolving rate of the UP....so.you would use more Co2 in the long run!
In my opinion.
Cheers hoggie

Hi
All you would need is a timer to engage the open and closed position of the solenoid.....which is attached to the Co2 Regulator!
The UP atomiser should be connected to the out flow side of the filter tubing...the UP atomiser produces tiny Micro bubbles which some users dislike!
These didnt bother me!
The Bazooka gives you the choice of a internal atomiser!
It doesn't have disolving rate of the UP....so.you would use more Co2 in the long run!
In my opinion.
Cheers hoggie

Can these be used on the inflow pipiing aswel or they have to go on outflow? Cheers

Ahh ok yeah that's what I figured. Just as the way you had worded it I thought maybe I was wrong and couldn't use mine on inflow. Cheers.

Hi robbie. The inline diffuser is obviously out of the tank so not seem it can get better dissolve rate on the inflow and doesn't produce the fiizy pop look in the tank. The down side is I've heard it needs cleaning quite regular. I just purchased a used one from a guy on here and yet to test myself. I've heard quite a lot about the bazooka being good but obviously doesn't get the same dissolve rate and creates bubbles. All that's needed to turn on and off at specific times is a timer switch. Easy. Hope that helps. Some others will likely aid you further
Cheers lain, how often is often in terms of cleaning the inline? One a week, once a day?

Not sure. Until now I've always used in tank diffuser. Im in dry start right now for about another 4 weeks or so. I've got inline ready to go for then

Not sure. Until now I've always used in tank diffuser. Im in dry start right now for about another 4 weeks or so. I've got inline ready to go for then

I installed my UP inline diffuser in Feb 2012, must get round to cleaning it one day. Still works as fine as it did the day I installed it on the outlet of my filter.

T
Ahh ok yeah that's what I figured. Just as the way you had worded it I thought maybe I was wrong and couldn't use mine on inflow. Cheers.
That is what the manafacture instructs/recommendes!

I installed my UP inline diffuser in Feb 2012, must get round to cleaning it one day. Still works as fine as it did the day I installed it on the outlet of my filter.
Lol me too. I think too many people are a bit ocd about cleaning these devices. I only really clean mine when I restart a tank. I initially thought it was because I lived in a soft water area but I moved to a hard water area and it made no difference. I think that I've read that you also live in a hard water area but am not sure

I think that I've read that you also live in a hard water area but am not sure
Yes I am in hard water area. As you say doesn't make any difference to diffuser operation.

I recently bought a nice set of pipe brushes from a UkAps member, so one day might get round to cleaning the pipes.

Quick question. Where ti get the Co2 cylinders? I dont see them on the Co2art website?
Go to work, shop, library or school and phone the number on the stickers attached to the fire extinguishers and see if they will supply you. I get mine delivered to my work, by a local fire prevention company for £10 each.

Back