• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New setup shopping list advice needed.

Robbie X

Hi all, after reading the forums for info I have started to put a shopping list together.
Would appreciate any opinions on the chosen kit and advise on best options for kit as yet undecided.
So far my list goes like this.

Tank: Optiwhite 90x45x45 182L (Still waiting for response from NDA for a price)
Filter: JBL Cristalprofi e1501 Greenline External Filter
Heater: Hydor inline 300
Co2: Co2art Premium Complete Aquarium CO2 System for tank up to 500L (with UP inline atomizer)
Lighting: Probably TMC GroBeam 1500 Ultima ColourPlus x2
Glassware: (recommendations needed)
Thermometer: Hang on glass type.
Substrate: ADA Powersand s and ADA Amazonia powder. (May include ADA additives)
Hardscape: Dragon stone and redmoor root.
Plants: (Still putting list together.)

As the list stands, would everything go well together for a 90x45x45 tank in terms of filter size, heater etc?
Cheers

Last edited:
For that size, the filter is really short. I would suggest a eheim pro 4 350 or jbl e1501. Chihiros are cheap and there's a 90 cm light

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk

Filtration wise you need to look at around 10 times your tank volume per hour using manufactures quoted flow rates.May sound alot but in reality once you get media in the filter, thing like inline heater co2 difusers etc on the outlets etc the fow rate will be much less.
I would go with 2 smaller filters than one big one,As the larger filters have bigger pipe work you will struggle to get thing like inline diffusers,lilly pipes to fit without alot of hassel.Try to stick with 16/22. With 2 filters you will be able to try different flow patterns to get the best results too.
Good luck.

Check out swelluk I got the 300w hydor inline from them. They have on discount. 30quid. If they arnt on there website give them a call. And see if you get it for 30quid still.

Filtration wise you need to look at around 10 times your tank volume per hour using manufactures quoted flow rates.May sound alot but in reality once you get media in the filter, thing like inline heater co2 difusers etc on the outlets etc the fow rate will be much less.
I would go with 2 smaller filters than one big one,As the larger filters have bigger pipe work you will struggle to get thing like inline diffusers,lilly pipes to fit without alot of hassel.Try to stick with 16/22. With 2 filters you will be able to try different flow patterns to get the best results too.
Good luck.
Cheers Dave. I prefer to stick with a single filter, looking at the JBL CristalProfi e1501 greenline as recommended by imak. This filter also has the 16/22 pipe size you recommend :)

For that size, the filter is really short. I would suggest a eheim pro 4 350 or jbl e1501. Chihiros are cheap and there's a 90 cm light

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk
Many thanks imak. Updated my list to the JBL CristalProfi e1501 greenline. I believe the new JBL CristalProfi e1502 greenline is due around now also. Will be interesting to see how both models compare. Will also have a look at the Chihiros light.

Where are you getting the ada amazonia powder from? I can only find it at the green machine? Cheers

That's a bit worrying :(

Yeah, well. It broke for me first time I had to remove the hose, despite being careful. I got an extender like the one above from CO2art (for free btw). Just handy to have that one if the worst happens.

I've seen quite a few reports from others that this happens: look in this thread
At least CO2art is aware, and have some pretty good customer service, as evidenced by them admitting the failure, and offering free extenders to people affected.

Yeah, well. It broke for me first time I had to remove the hose, despite being careful. I got an extender like the one above from CO2art (for free btw). Just handy to have that one if the worst happens.

I've seen quite a few reports from others that this happens: look in this thread
At least CO2art is aware, and have some pretty good customer service, as evidenced by them admitting the failure, and offering free extenders to people affected.
That link really helped me understand where the extension would be fitted etc. Cheers :)

Back