• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Million's 110L medium tech - red and green

How do you like the chihiros led? I am thinking of getting the 90cm version.
I'm very impressed, would recommend it.

Some updated photos

20170405_165538-01.png
20170405_165422-01.png
20170405_165455-01.png

I've done away with the pelia - it looked like boiled lettuce, not even the shrimp liked it! Will get some proper Riccardia chamedryfolia soon.

A couple of my cherry shrimp have met a choppy end swimming into the koralia unfortunately.

I'm very impressed, would recommend it.

I've done away with the pelia - it looked like boiled lettuce, not even the shrimp liked it! Will get some proper Riccardia chamedryfolia soon.

A couple of my cherry shrimp have met a choppy end swimming into the koralia unfortunately.

Cheers man. Tank looking great :)

well , in my opinion, if you put an inline diffuser on your filter outflow it will fire the CO2 round your tank best; while having less hardware in your tank

well , in my opinion, if you put an inline diffuser on your filter outflow it will fire the CO2 round your tank best; while having less hardware in your tank

I would like an inline diffuser, but worried that the reg on my CO2 system wouldn't provide sufficient pressure to run one - does anyone know? It's the JBL ProFlora one. Less hardware in the tank the better, I agree

I agree a inline one would be less in the tank, Was just looking at the hardware you allready have.
The UP inline ones require 36ps(around 2.5 bar)i to run asume the JBL one will prob be around the same.

Last edited:
JBL Proflora Direct rules :thumbup: it's the one I'm using at this very moment and the one I've been using for more than a year ; works like a charm :) and according to my JBL pressure regulator it operates - at this precise moment - at a bit less than 1,4 bar

Does anyone use 90° elbows on their filter piping? Thinking of using for where they exit the cabinet - I realize they will reduce flow velocity, but at the moment the pipes turn quite sharply as they exit the cabinet and get kinked

I do, I like them and didn't really notice any drop in flow. Though I'm only using one in each hose
fd4a705f219f46e82d6e089cb0980994.jpg

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk

20170423_161206-01.png
Trim and water change. Had a bit of stag horn algae on the vallis, which seemed to have a bit of a melt after planting, but is now rallying.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of rams, but slightly worried about my shrimp.

View attachment 104998 Trim and water change. Had a bit of stag horn algae on the vallis, which seemed to have a bit of a melt after planting, but is now rallying.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of rams, but slightly worried about my shrimp.
Just love the layout on this setup. I am hoping to mimic it when I eventually get my 90 up )

Hi,

this tank ist just awesome. I really fell in love with it and I think I will try to mimic this one. It comes in handy that i decided to build up a tank of the same size and now found this outstanding layout.

Just two questions:

Is that any special species of Microsorum pteropus? The Leafs seem to be pretty small. I am trying to figure out which one works well in a tank of this size and yours seems to fit perfect.

And may i ask how many plant pots you used to start with this tank? Pretty hard for me to guess. For my last scape i bought about 50 percent more than i could use ;).

Hi,
this tank ist just awesome. I really fell in love with it and I think I will try to mimic this one. It comes in handy that i decided to build up a tank of the same size and now found this outstanding layout.
Just two questions:
Is that any special species of Microsorum pteropus? The Leafs seem to be pretty small. I am trying to figure out which one works well in a tank of this size and yours seems to fit perfect.
And may i ask how many plant pots you used to start with this tank? Pretty hard for me to guess. For my last scape i bought about 50 percent more than i could use ;).

Hi Dominik. Thanks for your kind words. I'll always say "if I can do it, anyone can!". The Microsorum pteropus is called 'narrow', I believe it's a Tropica cultivar. If I remember correctly, I bought:
Eleocharis parvula x6 tissue culture portions (this was too much actually, I think 4 would have been enough when spread out properly)
Staurogyne repens x3 tissue culture portions, but could have done with 4
Cryptocoryne wendtii x3 tissue culture portions, but in future I would buy potted plants rather than tissue culture when buying crypts as they've been VERY slow starters
Vallisneria spiralis x10 individual plants
Microsorum pteropus 'narrow' (Tropica) x2 large pots
Vesicularia dubyana x1 but wish I'd bought more
Anubias nana 'petite' (Tropica) x1 large pot
Cryptocoryne willsii x3 (Tropica) pots

Hope that helps.

Hi,

thank you, that helps a lot :) I guess the tissue culture portions were the normal 5,5 cm ones? (1-2-grow, dennerle and similiar ones?) In Germany, we have access to bigger ones, thats why I am asking. But anyways, that are a few more plants as i planned so far. So thank you very much, my start would have been pretty bald without your answer.

By the way, i had similiar experiences with In Vitro Crypts and learned the same lessons ;)

I am really looking forward to build something like this myself.

Best Regards

Last edited:
Back