• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What Do You Think Of My New Rocky/Woody Ideas?

Smells Fishy

I've been faffing around again with my rocks but this time I brought the wood into it. I'm pretty happy with this layout, even tho i had to stop my 1 year attacking it a lot, he didn't manage to stop my creative flow. Theres a slight difference between the 2 pictures, so if you can tell, what layout do you like better? I'm also a little concerned by the prospect of mulm occurring in places where I can't get at, but I suppose that's the price I pay for making lots of lovely little homes for it to accumulate. Anyway tell me what you think.

Cheers.
DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0018.jpg

A 200L, its 39inch long I think, so hopefully I can make a layout like this work.

I have a lot of them shaped cobles in the garden.. Now and then i try, but it is a very difficult stone.. The more you throw together the more dificult it is to get some natural sense into it. Rock scaping is anyway the most dificult of all hardscapes.. :) But stacking cobles like that, to me always looks kinda unnatural, like an old stoneage Hunebed or totem, but yet not.

Take it outside and spray it wet, it reveals all the textures and colors totaly different.. That's also what makes these cobles so tricky, it can be very oddly multicolored with a few maybe sticking out like a sore thumb. Like those 2 lighter colred ones you stacked, probably will brighten up submersed and have a redish and yellow marbled texture, that wont show when dry.. :) Then you get white, red, yellow, grey, brown and green. Than if you look from a distance or at a picture, you do not know where to look, it would be to much going on. As is in the picture now with the lovely background, it distracts so much i don't want to look at the rocks anymore.

Take it outside and spray it wet, it reveals all the textures and colors totaly different.. That's also what makes these cobles so tricky, it can be very oddly multicolored with a few maybe sticking out like a sore thumb. Like those 2 lighter colred ones you stacked, probably will brighten up submersed and have a redish and yellow marbled texture, that wont show when dry.. :) Then you get white, red, yellow, grey, brown and green. Than if you look from a distance or at a picture, you do not know where to look, it would be to much going on. As is in the picture now with the lovely background, it distracts so much i don't want to look at the rocks anymore.

A real late reply because I'm not very active on this anymore and can't contribute much due to my lack of experience in aquarium plants and all that jazz, should change soon tho. Looking at the pics now it does look a little pore but at the time I was making the best of what I had available, I've been to the beach again and found some more rocks to go with the theme.

Yeah great view, lovely spare room action going on. I have thought since reading your comment that if I just used a big piece of cardboard as my background it would go with my colour theme lol. Probably going to spray paint the back glass black and play it safe.

There's 3 ways rocks can look, either dry or wet or wet in your fish tank but they don't look anything like they do when wet on land. (Scratch head)

Back