• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

40l Cube

Vase

Well, I had this tank bought for my birthday last March and due to other things going on I never actually got it set up. I'm going to be adding to it slowly as funds allow and using it as practice and a means to learn whilst I plan my main tank.

Its a 13"x13"x15" (approx) cube and holds 40l.
Substrate will be ADA 'Amazonia' Aqua soil. I'm ordering a Hydor Prime 10 external and a small Visitherm heater. I'm trying to keep this tank fairly basic as far as equipment is concerned. I wont be using pressurised CO2 but intend to use EasyCarbo and maybe a yeast 'powered' system.
Lighting is an 18w tube that came with the tank.

I don't have any idea about decor or fish stocks as yet so I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I would like some Cherry shrimp though and a few Nerites.

The stand is DIY and was kindly made by my wife :D

100_1848.jpg

Going by the look of the stand that wife of yours is failrly handy to have. You may keep hold of her. Best of luck with the tank BTW.

Cheers,

John

browning IRL said:
Going by the look of the stand that wife of yours is failrly handy to have. You may keep hold of her.

She scrubs up alright mate :lol:

Cheers for the link aaronnorth. That's given me some ideas and inspiration :D

hi, looks to be a good start

This is the tank that i'm going to be using for my new project. my main concern is the lighting, is the standard ok to use?

cheers

Will

Vase said:
I don't have any idea about decor or fish stocks as yet so I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I would like some Cherry shrimp though and a few Nerites.

Whoops really should try remembering things i've read for more than 2 seconds :lol:

Back