• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED Lighting solution for 90x45x45?

Thought they may be abit cheaper than that.
The only experiance i have with tmc tiles is i had 2 400 tiles when i had a hood on the tank to light the forground when i was growing pygmy chain swords. I had them both on a controller as they are single channel tiles. Ran them around 80%. They where well bright.
With no controller i think you may find at 100% you will find the 1500 tiles to bright on tank start up and they will give you problems. Unless you can find a way to hang them higher and then lower them as your tank matures.

Thought they may be abit cheaper than that.
The only experiance i have with tmc tiles is i had 2 400 tiles when i had a hood on the tank to light the forground when i was growing pygmy chain swords. I had them both on a controller as they are single channel tiles. Ran them around 80%. They where well bright.
With no controller i think you may find at 100% you will find the 1500 tiles to bright on tank start up and they will give you problems. Unless you can find a way to hang them higher and then lower them as your tank matures.
I think hanging them is the way to go, for now anyways. I won't be able to hang them from the ceiling but I can mount some sort of angle brackets from the wall. Just need to find some that will look good and do the job.

I used retail shopping rail. There's all kinds of fitting can be used as arms for over the tank. They can be put into different slots to higher lower. I brought ones like a shelf with rubber feet on top so I can rest my glass lid on it while I'm in the tank so it doesn't break. It's a bit diy looking but I didn't want to drill onto the wall/ceiling. I did see someone made a rail out of an Ikea clothes hanging rail. About 10quid I think. Chopped in half and used led panel hanging wires about 4quid instead of tmc made ones that are 30quid

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I used retail shopping rail. There's all kinds of fitting can be used as arms for over the tank. They can be put into different slots to higher lower. I brought ones like a shelf with rubber feet on top so I can rest my glass lid on it while I'm in the tank so it doesn't break. It's a bit diy looking but I didn't want to drill onto the wall/ceiling. I did see someone made a rail out of an Ikea clothes hanging rail. About 10quid I think. Chopped in half and used led panel hanging wires about 4quid instead of tmc made ones that are 30quid

Great idea. Just had a look on the Ikea site. This one could be customized quite easily I think. Plus it has a system for raising and lowering the top bar built in. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...stands/rigga-clothes-rack-white-art-50231630/
BTW, what hanging wires where used?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301804139262

I used these. I mounted them to the rail using the tmc mounting screws but this was very tricky and included soldering the screw into the fixing. You can just drill a hole in mounting rail and put a bolt threw.

The clothes rail the guy used was this one

://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/racks-stands/mulig-clothes-rack-white-art-60179434/

Sure his was chrome thought. The rails are flattened and looked quite good. It all depends on fit skills I suppose

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301804139262

I used these. I mounted them to the rail using the tmc mounting screws but this was very tricky and included soldering the screw into the fixing. You can just drill a hole in mounting rail and put a bolt threw.

The clothes rail the guy used was this one

://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/racks-stands/mulig-clothes-rack-white-art-60179434/

Sure his was chrome thought. The rails are flattened and looked quite good. It all depends on fit skills I suppose

The reason i was looking at the other rail was that the height can be adjusted using the built-in system.

Oh. Don't no why. Possibly because it's the same supplier. They are quite adaptable in what can be added to them. Easy to screw to cabinet. Also as I said the hanging shelf I got was for a glass shelf so I put glass lid on top while doing maintenance. But it's not as clean as something like the clothes rail.

That's a similar one. I see a guy that used both half to create I. This guy just uses one go. I'm sure all the rest would be pretty much the same though

Yeah. The one had seen originally had cut the rail in half so had 2 half with a mms rail suspended between them. He had 2 1000 tiles which have got to be the same weight as 1500 if not heavier.

Back