• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel Trigon 190 Aquarium - Need Help things not so good

So day 27 and all seems well, decent growth, water parameters settled - currently doing 2 50% water changes a week. Now looking at Fish
Thanks for looking.

2016-12-09 17.36.18.jpg

Regards
John B

Well my first plant has now reached the surface so i guess its time to prune (not sure how much to take off) also should I let the purple on reach the surface before pruning ?

The grass is now putting out runners - again I think i should cut it back its about 5 cm tall
All seems quite healthy which is good news

needs a trim
2016-12-12 17.30.33.jpg

as does this

2016-12-12 17.30.41.jpg

Thanks for looking

John B

Well 5 weeks in and its going well, there is a before and after shot below - I have moved things around etc but clear growth so I must be doing something right

copper harlequins this weekend

Regards
John B
now.jpg

Its been a while since I posted.

S thing are going well overall, I had some nutrient issues with the plant but they are now recovering nicely, i replanted the foreground about 2 weeks ago and its starting to spread.

Oh and I added 12 copper harlequin (in batches of 6) and they seem very happy

Im sure there will be more question in time - but a big thanks to all those who have helped me.

Pics below

John B

The shrimp are growing at speed
shrimp.jpg

The moss has now taken off
moss.jpg

The full tank
shrimp.jpg

Attachments

• Full.jpg
    Full.jpg
    766.7 KB · Views: 236
Not posted for a while but its been running for 4 months now and it maturing well ( I think)

Current Occupents

6 Amano Shirmp which seem to be getting quite large ?

4 Red Cherry Shrimp - and now 2 babies

6 otocinclus

12 copper harlequin

1 Siamese

I think its safe to increase the harlequin numbers now

Pictures below

Baby Cherry Shrimp - not the best picture, there are 2 of them but only caught 1 in the picture

baby.jpg

A very happy Siamese

siamese.jpg

My growing at speed Amano

life.jpg

General side shot

general.jpg

Full shot

full.jpg

Thanks for looking

John B

Looking good John, very difficult to scape a corner tank but you've pulled it off.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

Its been a while since I posted

So some Tech info firsr

CO2 - on at 4pm off at 10pm
Lights - on at 5pm off at 11pm
2 x Koralia at 900 l/h each and placed them top left and right and they come on for an hour out of every 6 so 4 times per day - when on all areas of the tank have good movment - when they are off all areas do have movement but much slower
Water Temp 25C
Weekly 40% water Change
Weekly addition of 20ml of JBL Ferropol (day after the water change)

at Midday Ph 7.6 and KH 7 drops so CO2 ppm - 5.3
at 9 pm Ph 6.6 and KH 6 drops so CO2 ppm - 45.2

Typical Chemistry mid week

NH3 - 0
NO2 - 0
NO3 - 20 - 40

Occupants

6 Amano Shrimp
4 Red Cherry Shrimp - and now 3 babies
6 otocinclus
12 copper harlequin
1 Siamese
a number of small snails

So whats the issue - well everything is growing and the shrimps are having babies so overall its fine - older plant growth looks dirty, some leaves have holes or a little brown - I suppose i want it cleaner, greener if that make sense

So advice really appreciated

Some pics below with comments to demonstrate areas of concern

You can see new growth at the plant is coming up through the substrate, but the older growth looks dirty and tired (if that makes sense)
bottom new growth.jpg

The fern seems happy if not a little wild
Fern.jpg

Poor quality leaves - there is good circulation around the plant at substrate level - there are some algae spots on the glass
poor quality leaves.jpg

The plant by the rock was trimmed a week ago - new growth already
more new growth after a week.jpg

More dirty leaves
dirty leaves.jpg

Regards
John B

Hello

Regarding Ludwigia I suppose that the light isn't strong enough : the top leaves are red while the lower ones are green and sparse; I think there aren't any near the bottom; I had the same problem with Ludwigia in a RIO 300; IMHO there are 2 solutions either you upgrade the light or place the plant in a central position; or the 3rd one - remove the plant; you won't get a bushy appearance with this one unless you supply lots and lots of light
And I also believe that Ferropol isn't enough; you'll need a more complete fertilizer

Back