• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bit of a rescape

Daveslaney

Got a bit fed up of trimming the MC carpet and the bits getting everywhere.
So got some JBL sandsibar river sand and ripped the carpet up and capped the front with sand.
Dont know if i like the sand though lol. Thinking it looks to light?
20170402_200923-1024x768.jpg
sorry for pic quality. Only have my phone.

I like the sand , some light grey pebbles or slate were it gets towards the plants but would break up sand to plants in a natural way , but maybe look too much of a contrast against the dragon stone?I will be doing something similar with sand and a bit of soil added to replace some gravel. Did you do the change with the fish in?

Yes it is dragon stone. That i have a constant battle with the toothbrush and excel to try and stop getting covered in algae lol.
Yes i made the change with the fish in the tank. Removed the MC carpet. Hovered the gravel and muck out with the gravel syphon and replaced with the sand. I am thinking if planting in front of the rocks with bylixia and c parva and c lutea hobbet to break the lines a little.
Added a couple of roots to the front also. May add a few more.
20170404_192335-1024x768.jpg

Nice tank. It looks very well grown in, must be a proper chill tank to sit in front of especially with the big mix of fish. How many litres is it?

Nice tank. It looks very well grown in, must be a proper chill tank to sit in front of especially with the big mix of fish. How many litres is it?
Thanks all for the kind comments.
The tank is 120 x50 x60 so around 300 ltrs. The tank has been running in one form or another for around 2 years now. Yes I likethe overgrown Jungle style look.
Just a little trimming of the moss here and there job done:).

Bit of a update a couple of month on. Removed the large Echinodorus from the right side and the Amazon swords from the left. Replaced with Ludwigia grandaflorus and super red.
Added some more moss along the front and a few Erios. Needs a bit of a trim but growing in quite nicely. Made some perspex risers to stop the light scorching the floating plants.
20170723_211445-1024x768.jpg

Back