• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sort of fish room

I have chocolate gourami fry!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
08064cfddb9f76d8fd35b4904d78b885.jpg

Thankyou very much guys. Unfortunately I am now going to be away for a week and hubby is looking after the fish

Fantastic update :D
- where are the babies?

(I never manage to rescue the babies when they're finally spit :oops:)

- where are the babies?

Hi, they are in a hang on breeder box. I got very lucky catching the female while she was holding, was a sheer fluke lol.

- where are the babies?

They are in a hang on breeder box. I got lucky and the female all but swam into my net when I was catching pencil fish. She had been holding for a while and it took a few days more for her to release.

I moved a chubby faced female to a nursery tank ... she got stressed & swallowed (I assume)
She likely still had a week to go :oops: :sorry:

Seems every time I try to "rescue" one of my choco's that I think might want some alone time (from the resident chaos tyrant) all I see is a stress ghost version :confused:

- though must admit current shoal is nothing like that previous group of battling S osphromenoides (?)
but they also don't display anything like the colours of that extraordinary group either (unfortunately that transhipper is MIA so not likely to get more of the same)

I moved a chubby faced female to a nursery tank ... she got stressed & swallowed (I assume)
She likely still had a week to go :oops: :sorry:

Seems every time I try to "rescue" one of my choco's that I think might want some alone time (from the resident chaos tyrant) all I see is a stress ghost version :confused:

- though must admit current shoal is nothing like that previous group of battling S osphromenoides (?)
but they also don't display anything like the colours of that extraordinary group either (unfortunately that transhipper is MIA so not likely to get more of the same)
They are awfully argumentative aren't they? I got my female out with only a couple of days to go. And after the first one swallowing eggs I hadn't been going to bother trying with this one. She was holding fry though which I've found mouth brooders seem less likely to swallow. I'm still in France but hubby showed me the fry box yesterday and there is still fry so fingers crossed they keep doing OK. When I get back home i will be starting on scaping the 240l for these fish. I may leave a couple of females and a male in the old tank and then remove the male if the female is holding. My large adult choco has had to go live in with the discus as it is so violent towards other chocos apart from the female it paired up with.

I got back from holiday last night and immediately put on a batch of brine shrimp to hatch. There are still a fair amount of surviving fry thanks to my husband feeding them a little twice a day while I was away. They have grown and are more active.
I'll try and get some video on.
8327e8b120a135420890cb1d7dbc9eb0.jpg
33d7c04b2d65a5d30116eddc19fa219d.jpg
fe52f1a68afef0107baef0674d13d2df.jpg
c6e1b03b9806bfa4ded2d34ade6b771a.jpg

I had put the eels in their own tank but they hid 99% of the time. I moved them into the big tank with the discus where they would have more space and lots of other fish and they love it! They are not afraid of the discus and seem to take comfort from them being around so I get to see so much more of them.
c78c00871c369467f82aeb82b6fcffb9.jpg
05c6b564f2b2fbb0079f05526c7f6006.jpg
a3f2052a3a208668e36e11515c2fae02.jpg

The peacock eels with there long nostrils make me think they would complement elephants nose rather well. Food for thought.

Back