• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants! Not doing too well.

Progen

yszOG4Y.jpg

Hi again folks. I've noticed my substrate rooters slowly going transparent. They're rooted in plastic containers with Amazonia and capped with black gravel.

I'm slowly learning to troubleshoot plant deficiencies and I've arrived at either ...

CO2 deficiency which is quite unlikely since these 4 plants are spread out throughout the tank with good flow and bubble rate going into the reactor is pretty fast ...

or

Nitrogen deficiency. Dosing EI religiously.

Which of these is right or is it something else?

ps. I suspect that I have pretty soft water because GH kits don't show a change of colour. Have used JBL and Tetra. Both just showed yellowish green at the first drop and got greener and greener. Have gone as high as 24 drops but have never seen a reddish tinge before unless I'm colourblind but that makes the lady too.

Your Blyxa (pic. 1), Sagittaria (pic. 2) and Aponogeton (pic. 3) are all supposed to have quite transparent newest leaves actually, so this is very normal.
The Helanthium/Echinodorus (pic. 4) will have a lighter green colour on newest leaves too - sometimes a bit transparent.
- that said, your plants might appreciate a little extra N to their disposal......they are pretty fast growers.

Your Blyxa (pic. 1), Sagittaria (pic. 2) and Aponogeton (pic. 3) are all supposed to have quite transparent newest leaves actually, so this is very normal.
The Helanthium/Echinodorus (pic. 4) will have a lighter green colour on newest leaves too - sometimes a bit transparent.
- that said, your plants might appreciate a little extra N to their disposal......they are pretty fast growers.

Actually, in all of the photos, the translucent / transparent leaves are the oldest and longest ones. :(

Only have one input here, your Blyxa looks fine, new growth will look a bit orange/brown when light is good. In case you're worried about that.

Back