• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Be Warned!

Smells Fishy

My super girl partner bless her ( @Nelson respect for getting me into Reamonn - super girl, it's a great song) surprised me by buying the Aqua one Aspire 130 because it was on offer at p@h where if you buy the tank you get the stand for free. But you have to add the stand to your basket and she didn't do that so we only got the tank. The product comes with "special delivery" where you get a phone call to arrange a date and time, 2 man team lifts it to anywhere you want the real deal. Didn't get it tho instead just a random buzz on my flat number, 'Hello I'm from TEF I've got a pallet for you here' yeah real nice when I've got my 1 year old to look after alone, i said can you carry it upstairs for me 'No sorry not contracted to do that'. In the end it made its way into are flat. A phone call to p@h sorted out the stand so its on its way with "special delivery" fingers crossed. If it does go tits up I'm to ring p@h again and ask for Gareth personally. Not sure what good that will do, hopefully a free £50 voucher or something.

I had the same tank from p@h in february and after filling it for the first time it leaked on one of the bottom seams, i returned it for a full refund - if you can i would test this first outside if poss.....
good luck cos it's a nice tank.

Yeah filling it up outside isn't going to happen since I live 4 floors up lol. I'm not down for the hassle of getting it down stairs and then up again. I haven't even got it out the box yet no point, I'll wait till the stands here and have a bucket and syphon on hand thanks. Its bit annoying because when I first saw the tank on display at p@h it had the internal and heater hidden in a compartment which was the whole back tank but they must have stopped that design for some reason. It's a nice touch that it's a corner internal and the back glass is black.

I thought the same about the filter built in the back of the tank, that internal filter that comes with the tank now is a eye sore and takes up too much room in the tank, its still a nice tank tho. It I'll be nice to see it when you have scaped it --- good luck :)

80x40x45 - the front and sides are one piece of glass with curved corners the silicone work didnt look good to me on my tank and leaked from the base on the front right hand corner, the curved corners dont fit the base very well - for £250 with a stand on the pets@home site its a good price and nice tank. I was just unlucky with mine..

I was also looking at this tank to get back into the hobby. Thanks for the heads up. I'm a little put off to hear they've changed the filter design.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I found at P@H they had a display model Aquanano 40 by Aquaone, above a whole load of Aqua aspire tanks (also by Aquaone).

The tanks looked identical, but the Aquanano 40 has chambers across the back to house and hide away a huge amount of filtration and the heater/pump- P@H even had the replacement cartridges for an Aquanano 40 next to the Aspires too!

I pulled the manager on it an they told me the Aquanano tanks were discontinued and the Aspire were the new range- false! I think it's more likely a P@H exclusive range where you'd have to house your own heater/filter in plain sight.

Whilst on this soapbox, the fish at P@H tend to be a write off. The plants however- you can find a whole range of Tropica pots and I seem to convince the staff to give me allsorts of stuff extra that looks beyond it's sell-by date.

Once upon a time they must have mis-labelled Tetra Tabi-min shrimp pellets, I picked up a 250 pot around £11 for just 50p on click & collect.

Rant over, thanks.

Reayman

Back