• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help, algae quarium

Would reduce lighting intensity and duration that light's are on for the day first.
Then maybe read through Algae sub forum here at UKAPS for idea's on what all might or can contribute to algae.
Folk's here when I came to visit expected a little leg work ,or searching, out in front of asking same question's that maybe have been posted and thus through process of elimination,folk's are better able to help me/you.
Too much light for too long ,poor nutrient availability,lack of CO2 to help plant's under more than moderate lighting were my nemesis for a long time.
Reducing the light energy, slowed down the plant growth a little,but it also slowed down the algae from spreading which gave me time to correct problem's one at a time .
One change at a time.
Soon I was able to spend less time and money battling the algae with chemical's,blackout's, replacing dead plant's,and more time watching plant's grow.

Back