• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL Inline co2 diffuser

swackett

I've been thinking of replacing my ceramic in tank diffuser for a while now and stumbled across the JBL Inline diffuser (it looks very similar to the UP diffuser).

I did a quick search on here and found a thread back in October last year, but there was not a lot of detail in there, just "don't get one".

Can people who have had some experiences with this JBL diffuser let me know the issues? Was it mainly large bubbles in the tank, leaking, or failing after a while?

Ta

Steve

Hi
I have one at about 8 months or so and works like a charm. Atm its on this aqua. https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/red-canyon.49494/#post-485803

Pros:
- Less things inside the aqua
- Less cleaning vs normal glass diffusers (I cleaned my once and more for curiosity than necessity)
- Smaller bobbles than regular diffusers (sometimes one or two "big" bobbles pass through but very few)
- No reduction on filter flow, cause the inside of the ceramic is the same size of the hoses
- No leeks so for
- Cheaper than most diffuser (the good quality ones, except Neo)
- It has bobble counter and no return valve integrated

Cons:
- One more thing inside the hose

Hope it helped.
Abraço

Thanks for your experience with it, is your diffuser near the filter ?

Would you have an in-tank diffuser again now you have had this?

Last edited:
I got one last week and taking it back for refund tomorrow. As bubbles to big. Soaked the ceramic hybrid for two days and no difference, plus had a leak of CO2 on one off the joints on the bubble counter
Got another inline one off e bay , same as the UP one different packaging as CO2 art had none and works a treat small bubbles again.

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

I've been thinking of replacing my ceramic in tank diffuser for a while now and stumbled across the JBL Inline diffuser (it looks very similar to the UP diffuser).

I did a quick search on here and found a thread back in October last year, but there was not a lot of detail in there, just "don't get one".

Can people who have had some experiences with this JBL diffuser let me know the issues? Was it mainly large bubbles in the tank, leaking, or failing after a while?

Ta

Steve
Hi there,

I got mine about a year ago. No leaks at all and very very small bubbles inside the tank comparing to other diffusers.
Also I didn't notice any reduction in flow either to my Tetra EX700 or my ASTRO 2210 external filter.

I use the diffuser in the outflow of the filter among with the spraybar.

Cleaning is performed using the brush tube cleaner I use with no problem at all
700a4710a0a5506ae670c2ca829b5a02.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using Tapatalk

I got one last week and taking it back for refund tomorrow. As bubbles to big. Soaked the ceramic hybrid for two days and no difference, plus had a leak of CO2 on one off the joints on the bubble counter
Got another inline one off e bay , same as the UP one different packaging as CO2 art had none and works a treat small bubbles again.

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

So you bought an UP diffuser ? Do you have a link ?

Hi there,

I got mine about a year ago. No leaks at all and very very small bubbles inside the tank comparing to other diffusers.
Also I didn't notice any reduction in flow either to my Tetra EX700 or my ASTRO 2210 external filter.

I use the diffuser in the outflow of the filter among with the spraybar.

Cleaning is performed using the brush tube cleaner I use with no problem at all

Do you find it more efficient than an in-tank diffuser?

Do you find it more efficient than an in-tank diffuser?
Personally yes. Co2 is being disolved much better and more efficient. Plus the outflow of the filter distributes it all over. And is much easier to clean it. It almost requires no cleaning as the water going through is almost clean.

The classic diffuser might also get algae because they are exposed to aquarium lighting.

Take under consideration that my plants started perling after switched to the inline diffuser

Personally yes. Co2 is being disolved much better and more efficient. Plus the outflow of the filter distributes it all over. And is much easier to clean it. It almost requires no cleaning as the water going through is almost clean.

The classic diffuser might also get algae because they are exposed to aquarium lighting.

Take under consideration that my plants started perling after switched to the inline diffuser

Okay I think its time to get one, we have to clean the tank one as it does get clogged up with algae over time as you rightly said because its exposed to aquarium lighting.

Okay I think its time to get one, we have to clean the tank one as it does get clogged up with algae over time as you rightly said because its exposed to aquarium lighting.
Exactly.

Also after trying several inline diffusers, JBL is by far the most quality one

Do you find you use less gas now (I assume you had a tank one first) ?

And because it is always likely that the co2 connection might broke if you want to disassemble or refill the water for the bubble counter, you can try this:

https://www.co2art.co.uk/collection...n-aquarium-air-co2-valve-connector-6mm-to-6mm

With this tube:

https://www.co2art.co.uk/collection...-of-aquarium-polyurethane-co2-resistant-4-6mm

Works like a charm and no leak

So you have this connector between your bottle and diffuser and so disconnect the c02 tube then unscrew the bubble counter?

So you have this connector between your bottle and diffuser and so disconnect the c02 tube then unscrew the bubble counter?
That's correct. So I don't have to unscrew anything to refill the co2 bottle or the bouble counter

But be careful you have to use this specific tube or something similar - not silicone, or else the connector won't work correctly.

Thanks for your help, my local Maidenhead Aquatics sell the JBL inline diffuser so will try that one first as I can easily take it back if it fails for whatever reason.

Do these diffusers need to be vertical as I only have about 10cm above the filter before the pipes go behind the aquarium?

If I install it on the outlet it will probably be at about 45degrees as that pipe goes from the right side of the cabinet to the left side of the aquarium.

Do these diffusers need to be vertical as I only have about 10cm above the filter before the pipes go behind the aquarium?

If I install it on the outlet it will probably be at about 45degrees as that pipe goes from the right side of the cabinet to the left side of the aquarium.
It has to be vertical of you want to use the bouble counter.

Back