• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tiny black eggs on wood.

dan4x4

Hi any ideas what the tiny black dots are on the manzanita wood?

IMG_5652.JPG IMG_5651.JPG

Oh I love algae. Just for the record I have been using tropica premium and specialized fertiliser. Only today started a double dose.. but turns out according to forums that the green bottle is the complete version that i should of been using.

furthermore i have holes in the leaves of plants. So course of action I'm perusing is adding more phossphates.

ordering EI method today. Don't want to go high tech, I want to avoid using flourish excel or similair

I noticed the same "eggs" on some of my wood today which is up high close to the light, yes its BBA! get the h2o2 out!

I get this everytime i first submerse manzanita, it's never become BBA, it goes after some time. In my opinion it is some type of fungus growing from nutrients trapped in the wood.

I noticed the same "eggs" on some of my wood today which is up high close to the light, yes its BBA! get the h2o2 out!

this is also up close to the light. Could it not just be scrubbed off?

Just for the record I have very soft water & also westland aquatic compost. Incase somebody does a search and is looking for advise.

I'll see what happens. I'm no expert on BBA though.

Could anyone tell me would it grow on the underside of the manzanita wood if it is BBA?

Reason I ask is that I have found loads more of it on the underside of the same stick but at a different location, actually right towards the end. Its a darker area. I'llpost a pic :).

Once again thanks for everyones input.

just to add there is no light gets to the underside of the end of the stick. shrimps and snails are not interested

I've had similar on wood, also soft water. They look like wee tiny black warts and just rub off. I left them. Did no harm as far as I could tell, just made the tank look a nit more au natural.

Sweet :) Ill post an update later on if it develops into BBA.

Good to know, I will keep an eye on them, my wood is also pretty fresh so perhaps just some kind of fungi

just an update theres a little bit more developed but it hasn't grown at all in size so I'm thinking its a fungi :)

Back