• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Low Tech Scapers Tanks

Fissidens added:

e88a2814ff88d41260d7b5e525d0910c.jpg

Hey Andy, how are these tanks going? And how are the filters working out for you? I am planning on using the Scapers Flow filter but not sure if it will provide high enough flow. Wondering how your Fluval filters are keeping up?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The tanks are going well. Very slow growth but that is to be expected. I am having to move at the end of this month so the Betta tank is coming down and maybe the shrimp tank too until I can be sure where they will be going at the new address.
The filters do a good job but they are not being put under much demand. In a higher energy set-up I am not sure they would have enough oomph. I have not been able to run them at full whack and put them to the test as the Betta would not like the flow and in the shrimp tank it is not really needed.
When I set the tank back up I am considering going down the high tech route in at least one of them so they may get a more thorough test then but to be honest I would like to try a Scapers filter as I see a lot of good feedback for them.
The one negative is that will very little media they do need cleaning every other week. (Although that does not take long).

Back