• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap lights. Project. Proporgator

Iain mlaren

Hi everyone. I was searching the ebin for some cheap led lights to use for my proporgator. I came across these

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391600530566

I have a light reflector that they will fit into. Ive ordered some but will take some time as there from hong kong.

What do you guys think? The spec looks good enough to use on my tank let alone proporgator lol.

72w/pair
9000lm
6500k temperator
Fan cooled

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don't take my first comment to serious btw I was just like wtf. Hope it works out for you tho.

Didnt spot those. Also they dont list the colour temperature and they run mains voltage. Id rather keep the mains supply out of the way from electric. Lol it did seem mad to use car lamps but they are bright. They might end up like a cheap version of a kessil lol. I just seen the fan on the back and was hooked instantly haha. I have a 12v 6a 72w power supply. Not read much more into as to if i can just hook this straight up or if ill need some more electrics involved. Will probs do that when they get here :)

Curious to know whether this will work. I think it may burn out unless you under drive them. They are designed for a moving car with plants of airflow to remove the heat regardless of that potentially loud fan.

You also need a reflector of some sort??

Hi rebel. Yes this is true and something i thought i may encounter. But then in a car its under the bonnet so it probably doesnt get a massive amount of air circulation. More than around my room though. Fan could possibly be a bit noisy. Its not likely to have been made with silence in mind. If it is loud then it will go into the shed with the propogator as it was originally intended. I have a reflector for the lights. It was originally a head light for mobility scooter lol.

Lol yeah i had seen that thread. I had half his tub of hc. I have a 600 marine strip and some minimal light led strips and they just arnt cutting it. I saw the lense lying atound while having a root about in parts. Looked for a new bulb and bingo found that lol. I cant help having a play. Find it boring to just buy it ready made. No sense of satisfaction after. They are however 4500lm each so will be using just 1 to start and if it works well ill look into hooking up the second one. :)

Hmm not to sure. I know there are a few people that have grown plants in proportagors with 20w cob search lights. I can always lower and highten the lights to get the correct amount i need. If all else fails ill have a dam good torch lol

Back