• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plinth cabinet question.

oldbloke

I have a cabinet made for a 30" x12" aquarium. Rather than waste the cabinet I would like to use it for a 400x400x400mm cube. My question is, could I stand the cube on a "plate" of some type on the cabinet. I can't get my head around how the weight would be distributed!

Cheers.

I would say yes if the 'plate' was up to it. There would be a 5cm overhang front and back OFC. Plus depends on the support the top of the cabinet has to. Might look better with a cabinet made for the tank all the same!

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

I would say yes if the 'plate' was up to it. There would be a 5cm overhang front and back OFC. Plus depends on the support the top of the cabinet has to. Might look better with a cabinet made for the tank all the same!

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface
Agreed, it would look better but it's in the "office". I use the term loosely! Just haven't the time to make a new cabinet.

Back