• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mighty Cave - ADA 60P

This is really original and cool, well executed so far. Looking forward to seeing it planted. Who's going to live in that deep dark cave?

The hardscape looks very dramatic and real to me. I hope it will look like the planting plan, because that looks very promising.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T530 met Tapatalk

All plants are in, except my Riccardia and Ludwigia Mini Super Red. They should be deliverd in a few days.

So the complete plant list:
  • Proserpinica Palustris "cuba"
  • Ludwigia Mini Super Red
  • Hygrophila Pinnatifida
  • Hemianthus micranthemoides
  • Elatine hydropiper
  • Crypto Parva
  • Eleocharis Mini
  • Riccardia Mini Pellia
Hoping I will be planting mid-week.

Additional question: The crypto parva and HM are in tradidiontal pots, al the rest is in vitro. I'm afraid the pots will dry out or go bad if I keep them in there for another 3 - 4 days. So, could I plant everything, spray with water to keep moist and cover up with plastic foil until the rest of the plants arrive?

Update:

Today I finally got around planting. Everything went smooth, mostly because of the in-vitro plants. Man! I'm never buying potted plants again. The quality and amount you get is incomparable! :)

Now for some pictures:

35500847382_956fcfdabb_c.jpg

35282706540_ea1ac76765_c.jpg

35282705880_c08a4a5fcb_c.jpg

35282705230_bdcbe0c499_c.jpg

34860719313_561b49a85c_c.jpg

Hope you guys like it! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1959_zps7dghl1w2.jpg
    IMG_1959_zps7dghl1w2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1963_zpshzgcxtbi.jpg
    IMG_1963_zpshzgcxtbi.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1964_zpsi5qfa643.jpg
    IMG_1964_zpsi5qfa643.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1966_zpscnmzzror.jpg
    IMG_1966_zpscnmzzror.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1971_zpsllyzq7qp.jpg
    IMG_1971_zpsllyzq7qp.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Looks good! the rock in the middle of the sand looks a bit out of place to me, my next scape I am going to use all tissue culture / in-vitro plants, here in Western Australia we have the tightest laws on importing plants so basically everything need to be grown locally or native. So hard to get good plants but some TC stuff is popping up

Any updates?

The Proserpinica Palustris "cuba" melted away twice. Had bought a pot too much, so I replanted them after a week, but to no avail. So I swapped them out with Rotala wallichii. Also no luck with the Elatine hydropiper. It kept making new leafs, but the old ones melted away immediately. So I removed them and planted Monte carlo instead. And my Riccardia turned brown, but it's recovering as I see new green growth.

The other plants are doing great so I am still positive :D

Had some CO2 problems (faulty amtomic diffusor), so I think that was the source of the plant melt. But I replaced it and everything is looking good for the moment. Fingers crossed! :)

I will take some new pictures in the coming week.

Back