• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Semi Planted Wild Discus Tank Full HD Video with soundtrack

Man, I felt sick reading through this post. So glad this worked out for you, I was going to say you'll never be that lucky again but I think everything you did created your own luck.
I'll be honest with you I thought this was going to have a bad ending. If there was any luck it was the fish kept eating enough to get some meds in. Usually q the first sign something is wrong is lack of appetite.
Onwards and upwards now bro. Lesson for all of us here as well.

Thank you for sharing. I cannot imagine what you gone through. Two thumbs up and a big pat on your back!

Man, I felt sick reading through this post. So glad this worked out for you, I was going to say you'll never be that lucky again but I think everything you did created your own luck.
I'll be honest with you I thought this was going to have a bad ending. If there was any luck it was the fish kept eating enough to get some meds in. Usually q the first sign something is wrong is lack of appetite.
Onwards and upwards now bro. Lesson for all of us here as well.

Me too, I feared the worst and dreaded coming down in the morning not knowing what I was going to see. Tough job going to bed at 1.30am ad well.

Thank you for sharing. I cannot imagine what you gone through. Two thumbs up and a big pat on your back!
Thanks very much! I think it is my wife who deserves the big pat on the back for putting up with me being so miserable when my fish are sick, and all the pfaffing about with water running after she has gone to bed. I think she's a keeper:lol:

Thanks very much! I think it is my wife who deserves the big pat on the back for putting up with me being so miserable when my fish are sick, and all the pfaffing about with water running after she has gone to bed. I think she's a keeper
Keeper? There's nothing to think about there Bro. Flowers tomorrow keep the deal sweet. When I had my incident with the Vimto (see earlier post) I had a four hour motorway journey to fill with rage about the whole situation but I sort of come to terms with it is what it is. I've killed plenty of fish off in my thirty year career through ignorance. My biggest concern was that the kid wasn't getting a bad time off his parents so I phoned to say don't worry about it but unfortunately my missus had already told them how much they were worth. Not that the price of fish should ever determine their wellbeing.

There's something about Discus though, I don't know what it is. After a while you seem to have a bond with them. Maybe just me that though.

Keeper? There's nothing to think about there Bro. Flowers tomorrow keep the deal sweet. When I had my incident with the Vimto (see earlier post) I had a four hour motorway journey to fill with rage about the whole situation but I sort of come to terms with it is what it is. I've killed plenty of fish off in my thirty year career through ignorance. My biggest concern was that the kid wasn't getting a bad time off his parents so I phoned to say don't worry about it but unfortunately my missus had already told them how much they were worth. Not that the price of fish should ever determine their wellbeing.

There's something about Discus though, I don't know what it is. After a while you seem to have a bond with them. Maybe just me that though.

No way it is just you, it is every discus keeper I know. I think part of it is due to guilt, we know how much money and time we invest in our discus, then to think of losing them we think of the money we may have wasted and what else could we have with the time, in particular our wives or partners. By the way, re 'the keeper' comment, I think after 35 years I realised that a long time ago about her, I just hope she thinks the same about me:(

Cheers

Steve

Haha, that could wear off quite easily if you keep spending your hard earned on Discus.
Just read my post back and realised I may have sounded a bit mental but another thing I think why we bond with discus is with most commoner garden fish we keep they seem to spend most of their time trying to keep out of your way until there's food about. When I was keeping Discus I don't Know whether it was the size of the eyes so you notice more what they are looking at. If I entered a room they seemed to spot me and come to the front of the glass. If I was in the lounge with the tank in the dining room they seemed to gather at one end of the tank so they could see what I was doing. I even got to the point where they were taking frozen bloodworm out of my hand and every now and again I would get a cheeky stroke to the point that a couple actually liked a stroke. Clearly food was there ultimate motive but still, very interactive fish.
Now I've realised that if I was sounding a bit mental before I haven't done anything to change that. :)

Was delighted to see a more fishy journal but sad to see what you went through with the new arrivals. Now realising I saw the same post on a discus facebook group I am on! I am completely in love with my discus now and almost have the big tank ready for them to go in. Can't wait!

Cheers, Lindy

Well folks I can not believe how much time has gone by since I last updated this post. I am embarrassed actually:shy: how long it has been. But to be honest not a great deal has occurred other than I am still trying to get these Wild Red Spotted Green Discus to breed!:mad::mad:

All the discus survived the last panic with the bacterial infections etc and are all looking good. So here are just a few photographs of my favourite fish. The white things floating about are white worms from my own cultures.

Would anyone like to make an estiamte on whether this is a male or female?

image_zpsauluhdp5.jpg

image_zpsvtodhg97.jpg

Cheers, Steve

Back