• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

MC Mountains - 12g long

I have the same prob with bba on dragon stone.I have tryed h2o2, light levels, excel all ways to get rid of it. It never seems to go away all together.Think it may be something to do with the make up of the rock that encourages it?
I find the best way to control it is to give it a good scrub with a tooth brush then spot treat it with excel.Be careful with the h2o2 MC is very sensitive to it too.
Great scape.

I have the same prob with bba on dragon stone.I have tryed h2o2, light levels, excel all ways to get rid of it. It never seems to go away all together.Think it may be something to do with the make up of the rock that encourages it?
I find the best way to control it is to give it a good scrub with a tooth brush then spot treat it with excel.Be careful with the h2o2 MC is very sensitive to it too.
Great scape.

Thanks, yes 1-2 punch doesnt seem to be effecting the bba on the rocks, dont really want to push the full tank dosing of h2o2 much higher, will do a bit more spot dosing, true about MC being sensitive to h2o2, I burnt to big patches (where I am going to plant parva now) posted a photo of the burnt mc a few post back, since have learnt h2o2 will sink to the bottom of the tank.

Planted the parva today, here are some photos, have read the parva should / may flatten out a bit once it adjusted to the tank conditions, could also all melt away :p I could maybe do with another 10 portions and continue the crypt around the hardscape a bit more, I am predicting the MC will creep across and making maintaining the right side a pain again.

33159641253_db4de23673_k.jpg
IMG_9129 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

33159643653_0adda744de_k.jpg
IMG_9130 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

33842806321_767d144867_k.jpg
IMG_9131 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Last edited:
I think the contrast between the MC and the c parva looks great.
Hopefully the small stone you have between the two will stop the MC creeping.

I think the contrast between the MC and the c parva looks great.
Hopefully the small stone you have between the two will stop the MC creeping.

Thanks, I am hoping the parva relaxes a little and hugs the ground a bit more, I dont hold much hope in that stone stopping the MC, but If I keep on top of trimming I should be ok.

Got a light stand today so I could raise up the light, doubled the height to the substrate, added 1 hr extra to the light period, hoping to slow down growth and trim the MC less often.

iPhone photo

IMG_5407a.jpg

Bit of a trim today, so much easier now I dont need to try trim around the rocks.

33835505620_a2dbcf0190_k.jpg
IMG_9151 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Yes after I changed the pipes to high flow I found shrimp started to get stuck to the pipe, I am sure it was sucking up shrimplets also, removed my skimmer and added the sponge on the intake and the shrimp population seems to be increasing again.

Took a quick video on my phone.

Did some maintenance today, trimming the carpet is never fun, left it for about 6 weeks, was still pretty nice under the bushy growth not to yellow this time, removed all the frogbit, looks so much cleaner without. Thinking I could do with more crypt parva a bit melted away in the middle, perhaps will try source some more.

34701832220_c46d26e2ec_k.jpg
IMG_9504 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

34701834710_d4801cf3ed_k.jpg
IMG_9506 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

34701835290_634b45c31d_k.jpg
IMG_9508 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Here is a bad photo of the 3 tanks ive got setup in my apartment, there is a 4th next to the 60p in my study, may get onto starting the dry scape for that tomorrow.

IMG_9514.jpg

Side view of the tank - is really nice. I haven't realized it so narrow. Good job!

Thanks! yes its very narrow, internally would only be 18cm, not much room to move when scaping

Back