• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cliff & Plateau

I was just going to ask after your 60F arrival :oops:

TGM ships internationally ;)
(& they show stock :cigar:)

I was just going to ask after your 60F arrival :oops:

TGM ships internationally ;)
(& they show stock :cigar:)

I contacted them 3 times (2 emails and 1 YouTube comment) and the only time they responded half-assed was on that YouTube comment. Their shop is also not working properly. They didn't leave the impression to be reliable at all.

I'm also not willing to pay over a quarter MILLION dollars for a tank. Yep, you got that right...

Image1.png

Last edited:
I dealt with TGM last month. Rang them and hey were very helpful in fairness. Shipped to Ireland and had everything in a few days.
Sent them emails since and they've responded every time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I see the image, used the same upload link in another forum and they all can see it too. I even turned on my VPN and connected through a UK server, image shows.

Anybody else having issues? I think that problem is on your end.

yeah must have been something on my end yesterday (Im in Australia anyways not UK), I see the photo now, I would try build height, bit hard to tell but take a front on photo.

I got more ADA soil, sand and my first driftwood in:

DSC00692.jpg

Not sure I'll ever use the driftwood thought. Just wanted to have a piece to get an idea what all the fuss is about. Will drown it in water just in case I change my mind.

DSC00693.jpg

I thought about using a path-through fitting and elbow barb instead of a hole with plastic grommet for the in- and outtake hoses for the main tank but that won't work. Will need the slack in the hose in order to be able to take the glassware out of the tank without having to pull the hoses off every time. So back to holes and plastic grommets.

DSC00695.jpg

Got all the parts in for the automated water change plumbing. The wastewater T will be hooked up right behind the filter to prevent any gunk from plugging the 1/4" fitting and hose. Took me a while to find that 1/2" NPT to 1/4" OD adapter. Will use the same T and adpaters for the freshwater coming in from the RO tank in the laundry room. The fresh water flow will be electronically adjusted by the Siemens controller. 'Dripping in perfection' to prevent any type of temperature or TDS shock.

DSC00696.jpg

I found the perfect ADA (actually more like RedSea) style cabinet for my incoming ADA 60F tank, for only $105.

The 60F is 60cm long and 30cm deep. The cabinet is 60cm long but 40cm deep, which leaves 10cm in the back for a background LED light, room for a hang-on filter or for glassware hoses running in the back and right through the top into the cabinet.

These cabinets come in a variety of colors, including the all glossy white RedSea style.

besta-shelf-unit-with-door-white__0353019_PE537157_S4.jpg

All black with smoked glass door also looks great:

besta-shelf-unit-with-glass-door__0352808_PE537317_S4.jpg

Or with a ADA grey colored door:

besta-shelf-unit-with-door-white__0412971_PE571830_S4.jpg

Or with clear glass door if somebody wants to show off his CO2 tank and regulator:

besta-shelf-unit-with-glass-door-white__0352816_PE537325_S4.jpg

Glossy brown:

besta-shelf-unit-with-door__0352988_PE537187_S4.jpg

This also looks great, with frosted glass:

besta-shelf-unit-with-glass-door__0352812_PE537321_S4.jpg

Keep in mind that I paid for my custom 90cm wide cabinet $750, so this is a steal at $105!

You might have guessed it by know.. yep, its from IKEA!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79047797/#/S59047821

This is how the tank would sit on this cabinet.

Image3.png

I'll be making a trip to IKEA tomorrow, first time my truck will get some good use. :)

Make sure to check the weight limit of the cabinet. This one looks sturdy enough to hold 60f (~50kg)but I was quite surprised when I discovered that some cabinets only have 20kg weight limit. In the end the are made of paper and hey not mdf.

Make sure to check the weight limit of the cabinet. This one looks sturdy enough to hold 60f (~50kg)but I was quite surprised when I discovered that some cabinets only have 20kg weight limit. In the end the are made of paper and hey not mdf.

It states "Max. load 44 lbs. per horizontal surface if placed on the floor." Looks like the shelf inside can also handle that weight. Based on the way the panels are arranged I'd say the top part can handle more, but the back is only your average thin board that prevents the cabinet from collapsing sideways. Hence I'll add either 2 x 2 by 4s or metal brackets under the top panel and some Spax screws through the bottom panel into the sides.

mdf-torx.jpg

I just finished the plumbing for tank no 2 (the refugium in the kitchen).

Holly s-word, that GLA atomizer is pumping out tons of mist! This is not Sprite, this is London fog in late January! scnr :D

Will test-run this for 2 days to make sure everything is working right, check for leaks and dial in the heater.

Will also order a plastic container for the Eheim filter, heater and all the hoses.

DSC00699.jpg

That's the mist from 1 BPS:

DSC00704.jpg

Back