• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros Aquasky sunset/sunrise

andusbeckus

As the title suggests I have a Chihiros Aquasky LED light. I was wondering if there is another peice of equipment I can use to have the light fade up slowly when it comes on and then fade off slowly again when it goes off?

Anyone managed it with this light or similar?

Opps pressed reply!
The kessils use a 0-10volt analog input to control the intensity, which is the industrial DALI standard for controling a lot of electrical lighting/equipment. Most led chips can be controlled with the DALI standard. If the drivers which power to lighting support the input.

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

Thanks for the reply. I will try and get in touch with Kessel to see if it will work with the Chihiros.

Sounds a bit technical for me so will see how it goes

Just had a quick look at the Chihiros Aquasky, dont think it does use the Dali standard, esp considering its price, the kessil controler cost about £100 itself, which compared to the cost of my PLC is very cheap. Dali drivers for LED are not cheap, then you need something to generate the 0-10V anolog signal.
Added my PLC to Ians How to use a PLC to control your fish tank thread.

If it's going to get complicated don't think I will bother. I was hoping there may be just something I could connect to the light and programme it.

Yes, pretty much. You can see it here: http://www.tc420.net/

I made a video some time ago: . It doesn't show the dimmer levels exactly cause the phone camera adjusts the light, but you can get the idea.

It cames with a computer program at my atm is like this:

00 to 5pm - 1%
5pm to 6 pm - raising to 70%
6pm to 11pm - 70%
11pm to 00 - decreasing to 1%

It gots 5 independent channels (I am using 2 atm,one for main lights, another for backlight) and soon I will connect my solenoide there.

I emailed the guy at TC420.net and he seemed to think it wouldn't work without modification but I have no idea what that modification would be?

There is this dimmer timer but again I'm not sure if it would be compatible with the Chihiros.
https://plumladen.com/us/electronics-and-technology/automatic-dimmer-time-switch.html

Didn't think it would be this complicated to dim a light on and off especially when the light is dimmable.

Just curious about this as I've ordered the wifi version of the tc420 and wondered what wattage your lights are?

Is it because Aquasky running 0.5w leds and considered high powered and other models using 0.3w? If so then I was bamboozled with talk of Mosfets adaptations on another site and rapidly lost the will to live :)

I had maybe wrongly assumed that so long as it's under the 48w?/4 amp/12v (ohms law) limit per channel and (Marcel's post)
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/mr16-dc-12-volt-cob-led-spot-on-tc420.43423/
that the tc420 could run the leds.

Maybe someone could clarify please.

After a lot of searching I came across something on another forum.

A member on there said they had the Chihiros working with the TC420 and provided this picture. Basically the TC420 replaces the dimmer/controller that comes with the Chihiros. Can anyone see any reason not to try this as I am not into electronics and don't want to damage my light.

Any thoughts from people who know about electronics would be appreciated.

20161126_133342.jpg

Quote from the other forum.

"A simple matter.
I did not want to destroy the adapter cord or lamp so I cut off the two ends of the manual adjustment we got the lamp.
TC lands exactly where manual control keeping in mind that the red cable is a plus."

After a lot of searching I came across something on another forum.

A member on there said they had the Chihiros working with the TC420 and provided this picture. Basically the TC420 replaces the dimmer/controller that comes with the Chihiros. Can anyone see any reason not to try this as I am not into electronics and don't want to damage my light.

Any thoughts from people who know about electronics would be appreciated.

20161126_133342.jpg

Quote from the other forum.

"A simple matter.
I did not want to destroy the adapter cord or lamp so I cut off the two ends of the manual adjustment we got the lamp.
TC lands exactly where manual control keeping in mind that the red cable is a plus."

I've seen the TC420 being used with a Chihiros light before. Using those cables instead of cutting the wires from the lamp itself is the smart way of doing it, but I would try to get some from ebay instead of destroying the original controller.

That's good enough for me to give it a go and I will have a look for some parts on ebay. Any idea what those connections are called?

Any chance you can link to the other forum with the thread about the modified standard dimmer.

Back