• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Forest scape

Nigel95

Critique please ! :)

Plan is to use some java moss or taiwan moss in the front on rocks and bottom of trees. In the back fissidens fontanus and mini pelia. Beside maybe a few plants in the soil like: Cryptocoryne parva mini in the front, Hydrocotyle sp. "Japan or littorella uniflora. Any plant suggestions are welcome.

hardscape_forest_scape_v7.jpg

Last edited:
Good job! Really digging the scape, it certainly has potential.

I think you have laid out the basic foundation ver well, but it needs a bit more focus on the details. I would remove the thin/tall piece in the center and try to create more depth by using smaller and smaller pieces to the back following your path in the middle. Maybe slope the back up a bit more to give that extra sense of depth.

Have a look at this scape from Giuseppe Nisi to see what I mean with the smaller pieces in the back to create depth.

For plants I would use "tidy" mosses like Riccardia, fissidens and Weeping moss.

Btw, what size is your tank?

Good job! Really digging the scape, it certainly has potential.

I think you have laid out the basic foundation ver well, but it needs a bit more focus on the details. I would remove the thin/tall piece in the center and try to create more depth by using smaller and smaller pieces to the back following your path in the middle. Maybe slope the back up a bit more to give that extra sense of depth.

Have a look at this scape from Giuseppe Nisi to see what I mean with the smaller pieces in the back to create depth.

For plants I would use "tidy" mosses like Riccardia, fissidens and Weeping moss.

Btw, what size is your tank?

Thanks man

The tank is 80x40x40 cm. I was using some smaller pieces in the back but it looked real bad. It was to straight. Trying to snipe a few more thin pieces at the store.

If I bank up the soil in the path would it still be a path you think?

Weeping moss is a bad attacher thats why I wanted the Java or Taiwan. Not sure how they do in a high tech tank. As trimming will be a PITA in this tank. I thought only using fiss and mini pelia would be boring.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

interesting layout, my only comment based on my first look is the chunky trunk on the front left pulls my eye too much, it may look better swapped with a thinner one from the back....

Back