• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BBC - The art of Japanese Life..

zozo

It's good.But check out other BBC series in its Japan season as well James Fox one were he visits the Bonsai museum to check on 500 year old pine bonsai, were we look at paintings bonsai have pride of place

500 year old pine bonsai,

It comes buy in the first episode as well in this serie.. I was baffled, never seen it before nor didn't know about it.. A 500 year Bonsai, a tree in a pot!! Can't even imaging how it works, what dedication it takes to keep petting a tree for 500 years. It's more like worshipping it with god like proportions..Must be the most nerve wrekking job on the planet beeing the caretaker of it. Still can't get my mind around it how a dedication like that is passed on for so many generations.. Anyway the most intriguing thing i've ever seen in my life.. Can't even imagine the feeling seeing it for real, if i had the cash i would hop on a plane tomorrow to bring it a visit and bow in front of it.

Brilliant series, really enjoyed the programmes.

I also watched and enjoyed the programme that followed it too, Handmade In Japan, part of the BBC4s Japan Season. The first programme was a Samurai Sword, the Second a Kimono and the third all about making Mingei Pottery.

Just watched the BBC4 programme Handmade In Japan - Mingei Pottery one again and this time I spotted a number of large goldfish in the tanks in the pottery workshops. Quite a bit different to what I've seen before, just a clear glass bottom, no substrate and what looked like Elodea simply floating in the tank.

Back