• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

APS Optiwhite Aquarium

The quality's not great:(
I got rid the AquaOpti, didn't seem any point keeping it; it may have been OK, but knowing my luck it would probably have failed catastrophically:eek:

Office look very good by the way. If that was me i wouldn't get any work done :lol:
Haha...it's a hive of inactivity;)

Oh dear just had a email from APS to vote for us in the PFK poll retailer /product they have always responded well often parts for free with problems(rare)can't do now with Tims experience but any consultation for APS it should be a shoe in for Fluval again they sponsor the poll

Oh dear just had a email from APS to vote for us in the PFK poll retailer /product they have always responded well often parts for free with problems(rare)can't do now with Tims experience but any consultation for APS it should be a shoe in for Fluval again they sponsor the poll
I've had pretty good service from them the few times I've used them in the past.

However, I'm not the least bit impressed with their after sales service now either:meh:
They have just emailed offering me £7.50 as compensation for the 'cosmetic damages'o_O
I thought I'd made it clear I wanted them to pick the tank up and refund me in full.

I've had pretty good service from them the few times I've used them in the past.

However, I'm not the least bit impressed with their after sales service now either:meh:
They have just emailed offering me £7.50 for the 'cosmetic damages'o_O
I thought I'd made it clear I wanted them to pick the tank up and refund me in full.
Hahaha what are you going to do with £7.50

Hahaha what are you going to do with £7.50
LOL...maybe buy this...no wait I can't afford it...it's £8.00, and I've only got £7.50:(

upload_2017-6-28_16-38-33.png

Thanks, me too;)
Yep, it's on my list of possibles along with an Aquascaper tank.
The ADA 60p is edging it a bit since it would mean I won't have to give up my cabinet:)

Really disappointing, I do have to say that while i don't like a lot of ADA products, their tanks are superb and kind of reasonably priced. That said if i was buying a 60cm tank right now, i'd definitely go with an Aquascaper 600, I have the same hacked IKEA besta and it's a perfect fit.

That said if i was buying a 60cm tank right now, i'd definitely go with an Aquascaper 600, I have the same hacked IKEA besta and it's a perfect fit.
Are you sure, my cabinet is only 40cm deep and I thought the Aquascaper 600 is 50cm deep?

The saga continues....

APS have accepted a return for the aquarium, which is good news, right...? :)
Well it would be but, they won't pay the cost of return nor will they arrange for a courier to pick it up :(
They say because I signed for it as undamaged I have to foot the bill, despite the fact that it's significantly not as described :mad:

To send it back as they recommend will cost in excess of £40.00 :arghh:
The tank cost £75.00...nice cost / return ratio :eek:
To add further insult to injury if it gets damaged apparently I'll be responsible o_O
Upshot is I could end up well over £115.00 out of pocket because their product is substandard :meh::facepalm:

So I decided I was flogging a dead horse talking to APS. Instead I talked to eBay :rolleyes:
And, the great guys at eBay customer service are going to get APS to pick the tank up for free and refund me in full... :p

So I decided I was flogging a dead horse talking to APS. Instead I talked to eBay :rolleyes:
And, the great guys at eBay customer service are going to get APS to pick the tank up for free and refund me in full... :p

Glad you managed to get it sorted. As someone whose primary business is run on eBay i can attest that the customer always comes first. Great 99% of the time, you always get the odd blahblahblahblah trying to scam the system, but overall they're very good. Be aware that APS will have the ability to withdraw the cost of the courier from your return once it gets back to them if they deem anything wrong. Take some pictures after/while you package it to prove it was done correctly otherwise you might end up with another fight on your hands.

Thought I'd post an update since something rather surprising has happened, which may prove useful to anyone else who finds themselves in a similarly unfortunate situation.

Firstly, MrHidley was right...
Be aware that APS will have the ability to withdraw the cost of the courier from your return once it gets back to them if they deem anything wrong. Take some pictures after/while you package it to prove it was done correctly otherwise you might end up with another fight on your hands.

APS did try this on and told me I'd still be liable for damages...they also asked for photos of the packaging; eBay don't allow photos to be sent through their email system...a bit naughty :eek:
I think APS might have been pinged by eBay because they sent me an email a few days later to tell me they'd made a mistake and didn't require photos after all :rolleyes:

Anyway for the surprising development...

It seems eBay must be moving over to the Amazon model where customer service is everything; I got an email this morning thanking me for my patience and the professional manner in which I've dealt with APS so far.
Better still eBay will refund me as soon as the parcel is collected (tomorrow, Weds), after I share the tracking number. And even better than that, if collection fails they will still refund me...it's win win for the customer :)

So hopefully the tank will be picked up tomorrow and I'll get my refund, and the floor space in my garage back. And an end to this saga.

Bad customer service all round you have had Tim from All Pond Solutions, you could claim for the time you have had to spend on resolving the situation once you get the refund, I would be confident you are entitled to.Nice support from ebay but it shoud b e under the circumstances

Back