• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting Help 60 CM Tank.

Bonesaqua

Hi,

I am a beginner and building my first setup. My first try of a planted or any aquarium. I loved the Planted ones and hence decided to do it rather than have a normal one.

I am not sure about the light needed. The aquarium does come with a light in the hood, but I plan to use something else. My tank is 58(L) x 30(W) x 38(H) CM. I have already ordered for the CO2Art Advanced Complete Aquarium System and waiting for the delivery. For the Filter I will be using a SUNSUN canister.

Could you please help me with what kind of light I would need for this tank. Any links, brands etc. If I go with a light fit for a High Tech and plant easy plants will there be an Algae problem because of too much light?

Thanks.

Get something adjustable and plant HEAVY whatever you decide. Light really depends on your taste if you just want to grow plants anything will work but if you want something that captures surface tension shimmering you'll need an full spectrum light. LED is the way to go these days but even those are pretty expensive so shop around. You can make your own with led strips just make sure you have all three colors red/white/blue

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

if you want something that captures surface tension shimmering you'll need an full spectrum light. LED is the way to go these days but even those are pretty expensive so shop around. You can make your own with led strips just make sure you have all three colors red/white/blue

Relatively small and intense light source(s) + water's ripple = underwater shimmer.

The small light sources are easy to focus and water's ripple acts like lenses. Spectrum doesn't play a part in it.

Before the popularity of LED's, metal halide was the choice to get the shimmering effect.

Thank you all will definitely look around at local shops to figure out the best option. This is really a confusing topic :crazy:

Back