• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tangled Roots

I added a little school of Black Tetras - Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi with the Embers i already had. They realy go well together, the black contrasts very nice with the ember color and the embers got a little less shy. Black neons are very brave and bold, they pulled the little embers over the line and became more outgoing as well. :)

Actualy my first choice was Tucanoichthys Tucano these are about the smallest in the South American family of Tetra's with a max 17mm.. But back then unavailable in the shops.. I see they are around now..
https://www.ruinemans.com/en-GB/6930/tucanoichthys-tucano-m.html

I added a little school of Black Tetras - Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi with the Embers i already had. They realy go well together, the black contrasts very nice with the ember color and the embers got a little less shy. Black neons are very brave and bold, they pulled the little embers over the line and became more outgoing as well. :)

Actualy my first choice was Tucanoichthys Tucano these are about the smallest in the South American family of Tetra's with a max 17mm.. But back then unavailable in the shops.. I see they are around now..
https://www.ruinemans.com/en-GB/6930/tucanoichthys-tucano-m.html

Yeah , I'm also looking for Tucanoichthys Tucano they are sooo nice . But unfortunately I can't seem to find them in my country. :(

Yeah , I'm also looking for Tucanoichthys Tucano they are sooo nice . But unfortunately I can't seem to find them in my country. :(

Yes i see, the nearest retailer location for you from this importer would be
Aquadepo bt.Esovolgy u. 24
2626 NAGYMAROS
Tel 36-204411703
That's still quite a distance..

They are also on my wish list , but also I can't fiind them yet in my contry . :(
Bummer...we're fairly lucky in the UK, Maidenhead Aquatics is a nationwide chain that often stock less than ordinary fish, and quite often they will try their hardest to fulfil one off orders.

Nice, another one on the wishlist.. :) Still dreaming and planning a somewhat South American riparium.. Not yet found these. Thanks Tim..
No worries, they were a new one on me...they are very tiny, almost Boraras size

I'd love to...but unfortunately the timing isn't great.
I've had a bit of a mare trying to purchase my next aquarium, so I don't have anywhere decent to house them, except perhaps my nano but that's full of Boraras.
If all goes according to plan this time (third time lucky), I should have it up and running in a month or so. I expect by then tho' they will all have gone:(

Nice, another one on the wishlist.. :) Still dreaming and planning a somewhat South American riparium.. Not yet found these. Thanks Tim..
These are beautiful fish!
I have about 2 dozen in my 60L, shared with 10 pygmy cory's and 6 Ottos. They are quite shy even though I beefed up the numbers and there is not many other fish but I'm sure in a larger tank they would get more confident. I found these at Maidenhead who are now my go to for livestock.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

How are your plants doing on this heat ?!
Haha...how are my plants doing in the cold miserable wet of an English summer?...Same as always:D
Btw Tangled Roots is awesome ;)

That is fantastic. These kind of scapes are my favourite!
I'm glad you like it so much ! :)

Haha...how are my plants doing in the cold miserable wet of an English summer?...Same as always:D
Btw Tangled Roots is awesome ;)
I'm happy that you like it!
Tim you are so lucky in a way for that cold weather , in a "aquascaping" way :lol:

Nice work, Bogdan. Very nice one!
I hardly wait to see it ... live!

Silviu just give me a sign when you're in Cluj. :)

Some of my plants are not doing so great in this heat , and I saw some algae on wood and stones.
How are your plants doing on this heat ?!

What kind of temperatures do your tanks reach over summer in your country? Gets very hot in Australia over summer and I am thinking about trying so some of those small cooling fans I see people using, tho its winter here at the moment so I have some time to prepare

What kind of temperatures do your tanks reach over summer in your country? Gets very hot in Australia over summer and I am thinking about trying so some of those small cooling fans I see people using, tho its winter here at the moment so I have some time to prepare

It can reach 28-29 Celsius degrees .
Yes , I'm thinking also to buy a small cooling fan ... I heard this one is pretty good for this job if you have a small tank:
http://dennerle.com/en/products/nano-aquaristic/temperature/nano-coolair-eco

Back