• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just starting out in Wiltshire.

Brian Wilkinson

Seedling
Hi everyone, I'm just starting out in aquascaping, I've just ordered my tank, a 75 x 45 x 45 cm tank, will need to wait 6 weeks for delivery. I'm looking to get some good tips from everyone so I can hopefully create a great garden in the tank, and learn about what equipment I should buy.

Welcome to the forum and a real enjoyable hobby. First port of call is <UKAPS Articles> more than enough information to digest in there to get the ball rolling. Sometimes it's going to feel like you're going to need a chemistry and biology degree to get through this but when you break it down its quite simple. Feel free to ask any questions, as the saying goes there's no such thing as a stupid question and the people here are always keen to help.

Hi Brian. I'm also just starting out (again!) and coincidently also live in Wiltshire. Was looking at the AquaOak 110 over at Maidenhead Aquatics, Keynsham yesterday and have decided thats the tank I'm going for. Lots to learn, this seems a great forum to get things underway.

Hi Mark, I've gone for a custom build from ndaquatics 75 x 45 x 45 bracelets tank. I'm going to have ago creating my own CO2 using citric acid and bi carb, the kids are looking forward to the science. Lighting I'm still researching, just too much choice. The aqua oak cabinets are good, I did look at them but could not get the size I wanted. I did have my old 4 x 2 x 2 marine tank, but was told by SWMBO that it had to go, to make room for a new sofa.

Back