• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Java Fern Holes

jameson_uk

Some of my Java Fern is not looking too great. I remove a couple of leaves the other day which had ended up looking like a Madagascan Lace plant.

It has been in there a year but is only showing this now. Most mention of holes due to deficiencies are little pin holes not what looks like the actual plant disintegrating. Is this something eating it, a deficiency or just the plant leaves getting old?

IMG_20170720_133834.jpg
IMG_20170720_133846.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170720_133822.jpg
    IMG_20170720_133822.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
Hi
Do U have snails or amanos in the tank?Looks eaten by sth.Both ramshorn snails and amanos in my tank if not feed regularly do such damage.
Regards Konsa

Hi
Do U have snails or amanos in the tank?Looks eaten by sth.Both ramshorn snails and amanos in my tank if not feed regularly do such damage.
Regards Konsa
Yes both amanos and nerites but there is plenty of food for them. I do have a single SAE who spends time resting on these leaves so did wonder if it was him. Can't say I have seen any of amanos on it.

Hi
By the way how the veins are left I think is the amanos that had a munch on it.It usually happens during the night when lights are off
If it is the snails they dont care about the lights and U will be able to spot them.I doubt that is the SEA as the leaves are going to be eaten from the edges inwards and that is not the case with you.

Regards Konsa

Back