• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Simplicity

I didn't want to part with my cherry barbs and I got a (cracked) 40 centimeter Cube. This time I went with a simple to clean tank as there are a bit to many fish in it and this way I can do a water change more often without worrying about plant nutrients or anything.
Plants: left over Anubius nana and some moss.
Fertilizer: none
Light: 20 W tube
Filter: sponge
kleiner 1.jpg
kleiner 2.jpg

The focus for this tank is to keep the fish happy and healthy, it's not a real aquascape, but I kinda like that it is more fish concentrated and it shows their behavior really nice.
Cleaning is simply taking the wood out to give me all the space I need and wash the sand inside the tank, do a big water change.... all done in 15 minutes.

What kind of sand is that? Looks amazing and clean.
The sand is just a regular cheap aquarium sand I found here, keeping it clean is easy in this tank, but honestly ... it's a new setup, so it should be clean. Actually, I never had much trouble in keeping sand clean, I have a video somewhere on youtube about how I clean my tank (not this one) and it also shows how I keep my sand clean.

Back