• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sodium thiosulphate...how much?

Soilwork

What's the General guide on sodium thiosulphate dosing? How much is roughly required to treat chlorine?

do a google on it you make a stock then add drops to water , cannot remember but is very cost effective :)

I used this calculator.

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/koicalcs.php?do=calcst

The calculator's default of 1 PPM Chlorine was OK. Until one day it seemed chlorine level was unusually high that the amount for 1 PPM was inadequate. After that I always use a chlorine test kit and have found that chlorine level in my tap rises 3-4x higher once in a while.

Info so hard to find on my supplier's site.... I just want to replicate (as much as possible) the potency of Prime. :)

Also, will this affect chloramines and 'detoxify' ammonia nitrates etc as Prime does?

You mean ST? If so, it will neutralise the chlorine part in chloramine and do nothing to the ammonia. So ST is not suitable for tap containing chloramine.

Back